Well, excuuuuuuuse me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been brought to my attention that a post I submitted to the RDC desert racing forum has been misconstrued by many to imply that I have "dissed"
"Dusty Times."

Let me go on record to say a have nothing but the highest regard for the publication, and feel honored to be a contributor thereto for over twenty years.

I've just reread my post yet again and don't see anything but an intro, a polite question with a thanks in advance.

Why do you think is it that so many folks seem insecure,scared or itching for a fight online?. Doesn't seem to happen in person, in print or on the phone, yet seems to be like many have a chip on their shoulder when they go on these forums. I don't think I communicate appreciably different online than in other forms. And I haven't been involved in any fisticuffs since 1967, besides that was in my hometown, Riverside :) And I was twelve.

Awaiting your responses, I humbly remain,
NoBrakes Drake

WannaB-class5

I read that post and I agree with you here. I didn't see where you had said one bad thing about anything! It seemed to me one post thought you said somthing and then everyone after that just agreed.

And in response to your post, the net is great for most of us but papers are kinda different and fun. I can't take my computer to class with me to I take the paper!

SILAHUA

forget about it nobrakes be cool!!!!!!!
some of us dont quite get it it the first time
too many hits on the helmet lol
but thats what this forums all about for people to speak out
unfortunaly some poeple speak out with out reading things right or maybe misunderstand the point that is being explained on the post, but as longest you come out clean and sometimes it needs to me post again in diferent words what you are trying to say. just like the post i did one time asking "if the rdc forum was dying?" some people wanted to hang me lol. dont take it to personal but is always good to clarify or give a diferent version on what your post is all about.

ChuckH

Looked like a normal question to me, i see nothing that is even close to being out of line, in fact i was shocked at the response that was posted and how they could reach that conclusion, there are some really thin skinned people out there.

RacnCPA

Daryl, I believe you and I have thoroughly discussed this matter, but just the title of this post is going to lead people to believe something other than what you meant. It's really hard to post something on the internet and have everyone agree on its meaning. Good luck, see you at the races.

Byrdman

Asked to be removed
Seemed pretty normal to me Bro, and I agree with you on the "bad attitude" that people get when posting. Some of the things that are touched upon in these forums can be tough and question us folks in alot of ways, but nothing you wrote in you thread did either. I think your right on the $ with this. Publications are nostalgic in my opinion, especially with RDC's broadcast of the weatherman in San Felipe. That put this Off- Road internet thing totally on the map if it wasn't allready. I still love the publications, and they will be around forever, but if you want up to the minute info- this is the way and the light.

phorensic

Well, you can be perfectly logical about what you talk about while being as neutral as possible about things and people will still try to rip you apart and get pissed at you. Then, if you speak your mind using adult/college level reasoning and argument, you can fail even more. And then you get banned. Don't ask me how I know.

The Internet is a poor way to communicate.

saintsandman

I read your post and could see where some people are coming from. Why would you make this thread? Simply explain that people took it the wrong way. If it is true people will accept it and move on. There is no need to make another thread. Then you say this
Why do you think is it that so many folks seem insecure,scared or itching for a fight online?
why would you insult people who thought that you said something else? Why not simply state again what you mean? You can also include the title in that, why would you do that? It is only going to reinforce what people thought you said. Which creates more drama, if you had just simply stated what you said again as clear as you could, I am sure it would all be cleared up. You also get input from a person who got banned because they acted like an idiot, then tries to switch it and act like the victim.

saintsandman:
"I read your post and could see where some people are coming from."
Please elaborate.

"Simply explain that people took it the wrong way."
To do so seems redundant. Does one have to define common english terms every time one speaks or writes?

"why would you insult people who thought that you said something else?"
How am I insulting anyone? I merely made an observation and asked a question.

"You can also include the title in that, why would you do that?"
Of this thread? Showmanship, to create enough reaction so that people would react enough to reply rather than e-mail others behind the scene.

"simply stated what you said again"
I didn't express an opinion, merely stated a couple facts and asked a question.

"You also get input from a person who got banned because they acted like an idiot, then tries to switch it and act like the victim."
Again, please elaborate.

Thanks for your input.
Sincerely,
NBD

FABRICATOR

I did'nt see anything wrong with it. Welcome to the wide open internet.

saintsandman

NoBrakes Drake said:
saintsandman:
"I read your post and could see where some people are coming from."
Please elaborate.
The tone seemed to me as if you were saying that the "Dusty Times" was out-dated not good enough to still be around. Again that’s how someone could take it.

NoBrakes Drake said:
"Simply explain that people took it the wrong way."
To do so seems redundant. Does one have to define common english terms every time one speaks or writes?
Everything as means that are hard to get across on a forum the title of the other thread, makes people think you don’t like the "Dusty Times", you didn't mean it that way did you? My guess No, but it is easy to see that it can be taken that way. So it’s not defining common English terms, it about making sure you are clear.

NoBrakes Drake said:
"why would you insult people who thought that you said something else?"
How am I insulting anyone? I merely made an observation and asked a question.
Calling people who took what you said a different way then you wanted it to be taken, and calling them "insecure, scared", again that can be seen as an insult.

NoBrakes Drake said:
"You can also include the title in that, why would you do that?"
Of this thread? Showmanship, to create enough reaction so that people would react enough to reply rather than e-mail others behind the scene.
You call it "showmanship" others can call it being a smarta__, who doesn't care what others think.

NoBrakes Drake said:
"simply stated what you said again"
I didn't express an opinion, merely stated a couple facts and asked a question.
It was not clear what you wanted to say maybe to you, not everyone else.

ChuckH

All he did was ask how many people still read deadwood and ink..... jeez

Ok, i have a question how many people still offroad with a VW, disclaimer.. that isn't putting down VWs or people who own VWs or people who sell VW parts, there was no further TONE implied or written.

haha... :D

SS said:
"The tone seemed to me as if you were saying that the "Dusty Times" was out-dated not good enough to still be around."
I note Desert Diva is a few months older than DT, I'm 29 years older than that, Rod Hall is almost older than Hemet. Should we all check out? :) How can I be held responsible for other's interpretations? Why should I remain silent?

"Calling people who took what you said a different way then you wanted it to be taken, and calling them "insecure, scared", again that can be seen as an insult."
I called no one anything, merely stated how I interpreted something and requested feedback.

"You call it "showmanship" others can call it being a smarta__, who doesn't care what others think."
Perhaps "provocative" would have been a better choice of words. It did generate a reaction.

"It was not clear what you wanted to say maybe to you, not everyone else."
I'm not clear what you mean here, but if I interpret correctly, why not ask for a clarification? Spelling errors and a lack of puncuation makes our statements difficult to interpret, hence this request for clarification.

Thanks again for your input.

phorensic

Don't worry about sandman, nobrakes drake, he has a very alternative view on how things should be said on forums on the internet.

saintsandman

NoBrakes Drake said:
"It was not clear what you wanted to say maybe to you, not everyone else."
I'm not clear what you mean here, but if I interpret correctly, why not ask for a clarification? Spelling errors and a lack of puncuation makes our statements difficult to interpret, hence this request for clarification.

Thanks again for your input.
Interpret, why would you interpret? Its "common english terms", you can see how things get messed up, its clear to me what I wanted to say but to you, you have to interpret what I was trying to say, same can be said for your thread, just simply explain what you were trying to say, and leave it at that. There is no need to make another thread to find out why people are "insecure, scared", just leave it and move on.

saintsandman

phorensic said:
Don't worry about sandman, nobrakes drake, he has a very alternative view on how things should be said on forums on the internet.
No I am not stupid and think I can say whatever I want, insult the owners of the site, etc. I think people should be gratefully that the owners of the site work so hard to make a place where people can talk, unlike you.

rkracing

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz.....
dude, just chill off, its not worth fightning over a simple question...
If I were you, I would just let it slip and forget about it.
I cant think of a reason to get mad over a question...

jeff

Ok... this has become a useless post. The best thing for ALL involved at this point is to just let it go. This thread is now locked. Take it to PM if you must.

Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.