• Forum membership has its advantages....

Well, Greg Finally Rolled His Truck...

JenDiggityDirt

The funny thing is, with all the crazy stuff he's done he goes and rolls it IN OUR BACKYARD. Iy iy iy...I don't know what I'm going to do with that boy. When he takes the truck to work he usually will pull in back and send some dirt flying then park next to the house, but he rolled it onto its side before he got that far. No major damage, really: broken window, fender and bedside, and he'll need a new cab, but it could have been worse. At least he's ok (well we see how sore he is in the morning). Of course, as soon as I knew he was ok the first thing I did was grab the camera so I'll have some humiliating photos to post as soon as I get the film developed (love ya Greg...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA you dork).

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

JCA

Damm Greg I am sorry to hear that. Don't feel like you are the only one. I took my race truck out "testing"9more like joyridding) out on some local trails and flipped it. The truck had only been raced once at a fud race just to see what it was going to do. that little joy ride cost me a little dough and I did not fix everything 100%.

On a side note Jen-can't wait to see the pictures. No pictures of my deal sooooo did it really happen?????

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Jimmy8

That sucks, but it happens to the best of them. Dont feel too bad, because I think we have all done it once. Cant wait to see the pictures.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

martininsocal

well jen- here is a perfect example of why fiberglass is what we need! last monday while at work, we responded to a traffic collision on the 215- wanna be prerunner ranger. just had glass bedsides and large 14" tires on the factory rims. he said he ahdn'e put the front glass on yet. heres what he did- northbound on the 215 after working all night/day, he fell asleep, drifted into the center divider, woke up, over-corrected and rolled/snap rolled off the freeway through a 6' cyclone fence and onto the frontage road. witnesses said 3 flips before resting on the passenger side on the asphault. as we pulled up, i immediately started thinking about what wrecking yard the truck would end up at so i could do the pick a part thing! jajaja! the guy was ok. we checked the truck out, looked to be pretty minor. we pushed it back onto its 3 good wheels and guess what? the glass was not cracked-anywhere. the guy started the truck up and moved it off the road and began to swap on his spare. bummer, no cheap bedsides! oh well, at least now his truck had some character...

If your gonna go, go BIG

fishd00d

What A Joke
Aw that sucks Greg! Can he still drive it at the Sand Blast or is it not drivable??

Go Big Or Go Home

JenDiggityDirt

Hahahahahahahaha that's funny Frank! I hope that whole thing about things happening in 3's isn't true! Martin...actually Greg's bedside might be salvageable (maybe). The front fender broke in half so I don't think he'll be able to save that. The tailight's broken, the door's crushed so bad you can't even close it, the cab's so crushed and the roof's even crumpled so he's probably going to have to get a new one. BUT, we flipped it back over and he started it up and parked it in the driveway! Fish...he'll be at the Sand Blast catching some air at the very least...or else!!! He's got just barely over a week to get it in jumping condition. Moral of the story: Don't be a Baja Slider!

fishd00d

What A Joke
HAHAH True about the Baja Sliders :) Seems they have caused a few problems I can recall recently :)

I was looking for a Co-Driver and was thinking maybe Greg but I think I'll find someone elce now :) Anyone want to be Co-Driver at the Sand Blast??

Go Big Or Go Home

JenDiggityDirt

Smart ass says what? Just kidding, John. He says yeah maybe (I've been bugging him about sway bars, too) but he said that it felt like something hooked really hard right before he went over. I dunno...he's all sore and has been sleeping since shortly after it happened so I'm sure he'll have his own first-hand account tomorrow. Here's a better picture than the one I put up a few weeks ago of Greg jumping the Stoddard Wells RX at Barstow. Thanks to Bryce from www.prospectator.com (which isn't finished yet, but it's going to be great) who emailed it over to help Greg remember what his truck looked like BEFORE it was all smashed to hell.

DougM

Greg/Jen, sorry to hear about your family member..errr I mean truck.

Well at least yours is back together right Jen?
Hopefully insurance will get him the amount needed and he can do alot of the work himself, save $ , and get things fixed the way he wants.

Good luck, glad to hear hes alright.

dm

Waldo

Safehouse
Sorry to hear about that! Glad Greg is not hurt physically. I feel his inner pain. I rolled my old prerunner Toy in Barstow in '96. I know the crappy feeling of looking at what you did. That god for roll cages. I crushed my cab about 1/4 of the way down on the passenger side (no-codriver) and shoved the front clip in about two feet on my side.

My insurance company totalled out the truck and cut me a check. I bought it back from them super cheap and rebuilt it from the ground up. The cab thing is sticky with the DMV. I don't remember the busy work because Scott Sells help me with it. Have fun and make it better. I'll drink a beer in memory of the good old truck.

Good luck!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

TRDshaunTRD

Well Greg, it would of happened someday. I'm just glad that you are okay and that I wasn't in there with you. Maybe now you'll consider the sway bar more seriously. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help ya out, anything!

Chris

I guess we all take our lumps when involved with such an adrenaline pumping activity as off roading. Kritter dude that was close. I did the same thing out at ocotillo in my truck. My youngest brother and I were screwing around in the sand wash next to the Blue Inn and I came as close as you get to putting the rubber side up without actually rolling. Now my bro is apprehensive about riding with me and I don't mess widda baja slides no more :)

sirhk100

Damn Kritter did you check the paint on your door to make sure you didn't scare any of it off!!!

Greg,
Sorry to hear about your mishap, I'm sure you'll have it looking better then it did in no time flat. Are you still going to be under you $15,000 mark or does this not count towards that?

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

evan_clanin

i laid my 89 ex cab, on its side a few months ago, and pushed the top of the cab over, and i said screw it, im choppin the top, cuz im in paradise!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Heres another close call of a friend of mine. His would have hurt a bit more if he would have gone over :)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://prerunners.net/media/evenjump.mpeg>http://prerunners.net/media/evenjump.mpeg</A>
I have to use the video I gave to them cause I lost it heh.

Go Big Or Go Home