Well this is post 629 and the whiners win.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -

This new board has been fun but it has gone way to far in the direction of censorship for me. It has come to my attention that there were many complaints to John and Klaus about one of my last threads, the "Bored Pole", and they are getting e-mails to kick me off the board. After all, it is policy. This has put them, J & K, in an uncomfortable position. On one hand it is there job to enforce any and all polices. On the other, I am a friend of theirs and they know I mean no harm. Well I have been "deleted" before and for good reason in some cases but this is just way too much this time. I have to say this though. I belong to many motorsports message boards, both from here in the US and from other countries, and none of them are as politically correct as RDC. The off-road race crowd comes across to people not involved in the sport as a very rough and tough group of people, but look at this board and we look like a bunch of whining old women, sensitive to every little thing. I saw nothing wrong with my Pole and the other post in the thread from me. But I am very close to getting booted for it. Well, I'm not going to keep J & K in that position. John and Klaus are great guys, so get off their backs! They are providing a great avenue for you guys to stay in touch with what’s going on in off road racing, not easy to do without this board! So relax and enjoy it, while you have it. As for me, no more undeserved apologies, I am out of here. I'm sure many of you will be glad to see me go and that is cool, just be careful about complaining all the time about every little thing or you will all be out too because there will be no board left to complain about.
John and Klaus, thanks guys! And you know I mean it, it’s been a blast! Good luck with RDC, hope it grows to the point where you might at least be able to break even$ And if this post didn’t offend anyone….. [censored] YOU! Now it did!

;) Take care, Shaun

<font color=red>DRIFT IT!!!</font color=red>

tkr

Ok, this is ridiculous! Shaun is 100% right about you guys being a bunch of whiners. I don't know whether it was his poll about environmental issues or the girl pic that got all the complaints, and I don't care. In my opinion, the desert closure threads should never have been posted in this section. Not because I don't care, but because I think there is a time and place for that. And when I choose to be informed and get involved, I'll go to the propper section. But instead of complaining, I just didn't look at the threads. You see that? By trying to bully us into paying attention, you actually lost a potential reader! But that's not my point. What I'm trying to say is if you don't like the thread, don't read it! He didn't personally attack anyone. He just gave his opinion. The same thing you guys were doing when you started bagging on people for not going to the clean-up. Get real people. Grow some skin!!

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

frankh

Shaun if all they did is talk to you . then why bail. the people that mail them will get over it. the only thing my wife said is where can I get a top like that.

sirhk100

I agree with TKR. Although I'm really new to the scene and dezert racing I'm not new to the dezert scene. I've never been to Barstow and the areas most of you go to but I've been goign to Ocotillo Wells, Superstition, and Glamis for 16 years. I personally son't see anything wrong with what Shaun has down and am sorry to see him leave. If I ever see a blue Subaru out there, I'll definately say what's up!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

TRDshaunTRD

It’s sad to see you go Shaun, or anyone for that matter. Part of the problem with people taking offence to posts is because there is no physical contact to show mannerisms and to hear tone of voice. It is very difficult to not offend people when speaking about touchy subjects, especially when online. We all have to be careful, but we also have to understand that we may be taking what someone said wrong. We are all great people and I'm sure that none of us want to offend anyone else. I would recommend that if someone has offended you, that you should confront them directly, rather than assuming what someone meant, and complaining to Klaus or John. If after your confrontation, whether through a private e-mail or other, you still feel offended, then speak to Klaus or John. But remember, this is the good ol' USA where we fought for our freedoms, and still are!

Donahoe

Shuan, If you leave you are standing up for the censorship... Stay dude and keep posting the stuff you want ....

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

JenDiggityDirt

I agree Shaun! If I gave up everytime someone said something unpleasant about me or what I do I would have shut down our website and stopped visiting here a long, long time ago. Don't go!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

BradM

Well, I guess I will be the first to step up and say I don't care much for Shaun. However, I am not offended by his posts or the material in his posts. Rather, my impression has always been that he enjoys stirring up I failed spelling just to get a rise out of people. Although I don't like the guy, I totally respect his right to post his opinion. Below, I have quoted my original PM to John and you can see that I never asked that he be censored or cut off from the board. It was my sole intention to express my opinion because I too enjoy this forum and I think it offers a lot to the sport. I felt like the name calling and finger pointing has somewhat taken away from the authenticity of the board. I think Klaus, John, and the boyz have worked very hard to make RDC what it is and have every right to preserve and protect it. I was not advocating censorship. I thought a tastefully written request from the administrators might suffice. Apparently others were more offended and just wanted him gone.

John,

It's just my opinion but I thought I would share it since you seem to genuinely care about this forum. It seems to me that with all of the finger pointing and name calling that has gone on in the last few days, the quality of the material has dropped off fast. I am not opposed to the environmental issues, I think they are great and everyone needs to get involved. Unfortunately, most people are apathetic and would rather sit back and wait for everyone else to do the work. Maybe something good will come of those threads.

It seems to me that people like Shaun exaggerate the problem by enticing others and starting [censored]. I haven't sent him a PM and don't intend to because I have little to no respect for him and I know he would just argue about it anyway. It seems to be his form of entertainment. I think the board was a lot better off over the last year when he wasn't around much.

I am not trying to tell you guys how to run this forum or to cut anyone off. I just want you to hear an honest opinion and to look at it from a larger perspective.

Since I am writing, I want to say that I have really enjoyed this forum. It is usually informative and entertaining. I appreciate all of the time and effort that you have put into it. I guess I just don't want to see it turned back into the old board.

Brad Meltzer

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Jack

From your first paragraph stating the issues you had with the board, it was not Shuan, three others that can be found by going back and reading them. I did not have a problem with any of it, some of the tactics I did not agree with but they have been some of the most popular post. Is'nt that part of the atraction here, I know I read and write more when there are others doing the same, It just takes somone to get the ball rolling. Also seems alot like stabing somone in the back to E-mail the admin without trying to E-mail the person you have a problem with and at least le them no and give them a chance to corect the situation.

Donahoe

You have VERY,VERY, Good points Brad... But this sport is for fun, this page supports the sport and we like to have fun... Shaun is having fun... And he should be able to have fun. The negitive treads are going to happen when passionate people come together. We all have our agendas... Some of us wont agree... I personally think Rally guys are just wanna be off-road guys who are afaid of the big bumps. But i would never say that to Shaun... (Doa!!! I just did) But I think you know what Im getting at... The negitive threads about the clean up have already turned positive and have motivated people to step up and take those posts turn theminto positive motivation. Its a problem we need to embrace... We are CATS... And we are tuff to herd.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

BradM

Maybe that makes me a puss because I sent it to John rather than to Shaun. If that's what you think, that's cool. The reason that I sent it to John rather than Shaun was due to a perception that I have about his character. Over the last couple of years, I have developed an opinion about Shaun. Maybe I am wrong. I don't know the guy personally. I just felt like it is part of his nature to entice people and start I failed spelling. Because of that, I felt like he would either just blow me off or try to turn it into an argument. I may be completely wrong. I just felt like a "suggestion" to mellow out a bit might be received better from John than from me since they are obviously friends. Again, I did not advocate censorship or that he be cut off. I still don't.

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Jack

I'm not saying anyone is a puss, just asking for fair notice. I run into it here at work, where somone goes and complains to the boss, and when it gets back to me I have no idea what the problem is, and it usualy just turns out to be some misunderstanding. But all the boss knows is there is a problem he has to get involved in so he jumps heavy to "solve" the problem when it could have been handled directly.

JCA

Here in the USA we have freedom. Freedom to choose- to read, to write and to act. I had a preceived situation with Shaun in a earlier post that went back and forth but I pm him and it was resolved and as it turned out we were both taking comments out of context. Does Shaun play mind games, sure he does. Does he take it to far, I don't know has any one pm him and said get off me please and he kept going? I know the thread about the videos was way off but that is when the board reps (Klaus and John) should step in and do their duties. Which they did, will do and always have done since I have been on the board. And all for free. Klaus and John I have said many times that you guys ROCK and what ever decision you make I am there 100% but my vote is don't kick Shaun off. I like to hear all sides of a thread and I can make my own decision of what opion I am going to have. I might lean one way or another or I might use a little of each and form my own opion. Does everyone smell that. That smell is freedom! Shaun while I appreciate the decision you made to not put John and Klaus in the middle unfortunatly by them running the board they put themselves in that position. They are adults and can handle it. Don't bag out because of that. If they ask you to leave that would be the time to not put them in a awkard situation and leave peacefully.
John and Klaus you guys do ROCK and I will get some seat time for you in my 7s truck next year (once I get my truck up to snuff)!!!!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

John Bitting

Administrator
For the record. We have not asked Shaun to leave, But rather warned him about his posting because of complaints we recieved. The post that was offensive was removed and Shaun does not agree with us having to remove the post. Unfortunately because of the rules. One person found it offensive so we had to remove it whether we wanted too or not.. Shaun and RDC will remain friends and he will be at the next bbq at my house. Shaun has chosen to leave because of not wanting to cause anymore problems for Klaus and I. Once the problems are taken care of hopefully he will come back and rejoin the dezert people.

scott

Isn't the posts in here just peoples 2 cents. Why should anyone get kicked off unless its vulgar display of words or someones talking about someone else's Momma......