wemo meeting

martininsocal

just a note to let everyone know about the wemo meeting for vehicle access wednesday night, april 14. 6:30 pm at the green tree in victorville. they are starting to make decissions, so it would be nice to have some additional voices there.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Martin,

I had planned on going - but I have to work late tomorrow night - sorry - I'll be at the Super Group Meeting on the 30th. Hope someone else can go!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

martininsocal

Finally- some substance! actually, the green guys are not very happy. a decission tree to help determine what should remain open and what should get closed pretty much looks ad redundancy as the main subject. the only fly will be whether fish and wildlife will buy off on it. some of the stipulations the green side wanted were flat out denied(like no trails or roads within 5 miles of any residence!) that one was courtesy of a guy who lives out at the el mirage open area. there will be a big powow meeting on the 30th then the plans will be released(tentatively) to the public for comment around the end of may. there will be 6 meetings for you to look at the plan, the possible alternatives, and to make comments on what you like or dislike. the only real problem I see for us is the ord mountain area( between stoddard and johnson valley) the biologists want it entirely closed, but I was told by the BLM folks that that won't happen, there will be atleast 2 routes between the 2. there is light at the end of the tunnel folks, and right now, it isn't a train heading at us.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Cool - thanks for going Martin, please PM me and let me know if there is anything I need to know for the meeting on the 30th. I got my notes from Bill H and will take with me. If you are going - I'll see you there. Thanks for making a concerted effort to attend so many of these WEMO meetings =-)

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

Rodney

Sounds like great news! Thanks for going to all these meetings Martin..living down here in san diego makes the weekday meetings up there all but impossible to attend. Is it me or is the BLM's attitude getting better toward the access side of things? Maybe they are tired of getting mugged by the enviros at every turn.
It is so nice to see at least a little common sense in the gov't these days.

Winning IS everything

martininsocal

you just have to remember that not ALL blm folks are against us. many were there before the cadavers', i mean, cranstons desert bill really got the ball rolling. one of the biggest helps with this program is the fact that some of the folks involved on the blm contract payroll are not devout enviro's trying to push their cause, some folks are there simply to do their job. the person in charge of the route selection process actually called me to talk about what our desires were and he really implemented some of our wishes as i expressed them to him! he actually quoted some of my requests in the proposal and because we had the support of other groups(mainly the equestrians) many of the environmentalists now use my name in vain! haha! while we will have less then we did before, and some areas are simply being diced without our input(rand mountains, north of olancha, possibly the ords unless we really bitch!), much of the decisions truly have taken our desires into account. there are some folks that will deserve some accolades from us when this is over, but they really do believe and support the multiple use ideals. and yes, many of these folks work for the BLM, so don't look at all of them with contempt.
don't forget, tim salt is gone, moved to DC, and this has a definite affect on the turn around you see in the desert.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG