Western Auto, Sand Blaster, Jackman Wheels OH MY!

jsallenbach

Reaction
Call dibs on that yokohama super digger with the Edwards diggers recap. Best tire compound/tread pattern from back in the day. go with the other one I have.

Michael Cohen

Reaction
No kidding! Bill Varnes of Mirage Racing, and I were just talking about that tread pattern the other day. When he restored his 1-1600 a few years ago, he actually found a new set of Edwards tires!

He is just finishing up the twin to the desert car in the following link. It is the short course version of the same car that won numerous MTEG and short course races in 1600!

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/camo_p4x4/Mirage/78b76592.jpg

jsallenbach

Reaction
Duane Edwards was one sharp guy when it came to tires. Started back in the 40s at ascot and all the dirt tracks around California.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

NORRA129

Reaction
Nice find! We already have a nice set of Sand Blasters. We would love to have the Sand Blasters on the car in Ensenada for contingency but we don't have room for tires that can't be raced.

West Coast Mags

Reaction
I am the one with the vintage tires in the link to the add. I will be bringing all of the vintage sandblasters and rims from my post above to the Curt Leduc swap meet this weekend. Come out and buy them!

Michael Cohen

Reaction
Mirage Racing Products will be selling lots of goodies at the Curt Leduc Offroad Swapmeet this weekend. Stop by, say Hi, and take advantage of some smoking deals on Fox Shocks, Coilover Springs, BFG 37" & 39" Tires, 9" Ring & Pinions, Mastercraft Seats, CNC Calipers, Porsche Stainless Steel Flat 6 Exhaust System, Jackman Aluminum & Steel Wheels, Open Race Car Trailer and MORE...

Attachments

• mirage_logo2crop_ojgz.jpg
    mirage_logo2crop_ojgz.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 240

Sandscorcher

Reaction
Hi!

Wow...so long time...

Anyway...

I found :

-2x Sand Blaster JR in very good shape ( I posted here a way ago...)
-2x Sand Blaster 915 in good shape ( I posted here a way ago...)
-3x Sand Blaster 913 NOS ( I posted here a way ago...)

-2x Centerline bubble wheels (front)
-1x Centerline deep dish (rear) 7” wide (3” back spacing)...I need another one...
-2x Jackman star wheels 6” wide in white(sandblasted and repaint) but with not the best back spacing...They would fit better in the front I guess...

Cheers

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
52D2F8A9-C052-4376-9F29-F148D72707D9.jpeg

Sandscorcher

Reaction
Hi Rory!

How are you?

Nice pic...

What about your t-shirt?

It has been passing a lot since I was here last time...

Any new project?

Cheers

Sandscorcher

Reaction

Sandscorcher

Reaction
Hi there!

Referring to this pic posted by Rory...one years ago😸

Are you able to see a slightly difference between the two Centerline wheels...?
Honestly I’ve only seen twice the shape of the left wheel...opposite to the right one.

Actually all the vintage wide 5 Centerline wheels I came across in particular the rear ones had the inner shape of the right one here in the pic( also the one I own ).

I don’t know the actual word in english...but the inside “step” of the right wheel is smaller than the one of the left wheel...

The one of the left wheel actually is wider/deeper than it...

I highlighted in green this... just to let you understand what I mean...

Anyway...what do you think about it?

Are both genuine centerline wheels or the one on the left side is a good look alike one?

The one on the right side I’m pretty sure is genuine...

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Attachments

• 8AADB754-9047-47D1-9127-E806C2F338DA.jpeg
    8AADB754-9047-47D1-9127-E806C2F338DA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82