What 12 car would you build?

xjchaser

Reaction
Just thought I would get some input if you were going to build a 12 car/ SCORE light /BITD 11 car today what chassis would you go with and why? What Engine builder and why? What Transmission and why? What shocks and why? What tires and why? Thanks for your time :D

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
Jimco / Fat / Mendi S5 / King / BFG - because they are the best and that's what I like. :D

In all seriousness, it's a very competitive class. The Jimco chassis (any class) are highly engineered and are just beautiful. The FAT motor, well again, he knows all the tricks and it's a very competitive class. Sequential 5 spd, good for about 120mph! King, because they are easy to work on and they do their job. BFG, you gonna be in Mexico racing? Then why run anything else?

xjchaser

Reaction
Jimco / Fat / Mendi S5 / King / BFG - because they are the best and that's what I like. :D

In all seriousness, it's a very competitive class. The Jimco chassis (any class) are highly engineered and are just beautiful. The FAT motor, well again, he knows all the tricks and it's a very competitive class. Sequential 5 spd, good for about 120mph! King, because they are easy to work on and they do their job. BFG, you gonna be in Mexico racing? Then why run anything else?
120 MPH in a 12 car can't really see that ever happening unless I ran it off a cliff I think terminal velocity might be pretty close to that. :eek:

Shred918

Reaction

I would have to agree with Wheezy here with the exception of the chassis would be a lothringer and I would be running a yok/mikey tire combo

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Just thought I would get some input if you were going to build a 12 car/ SCORE light /BITD 11 car today what chassis would you go with and why? What Engine builder and why? What Transmission and why? What shocks and why? What tires and why? Thanks for your time :D
The thing I would be undecided on would be building a Single or Two Seater! When building it I would shoot for 105 MPH car, I know of a couple 100 MPH cars and think that 105 would be possible. As I dont think 120 would be capable....???

The Builder would be either Seagrove or Moulton based off the attention to detail etc.

Fat as the engine builder solely based on their what their record shows.

Mendi 5 Speed Sequential Trans. done by DFT.

King shocks simply because I think they built one off not what I consider an assembly line basis.

Goodyear tires and BTR rims, building a chassis as light as possible would be my first goal then keeping parts, rims, etc as light as possible and liveable would be next....

Just my 2 cents, not coming from a buggy dork!:eek:

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
Ahhhh, come on guys... slight downhill, strong tailwind, totally flat road, winding out 5th gear.... okay, maybe not :D

Renegade Racing

Reaction
Desert Dynamics or Jimco Chassis, BFGs/BTR rims, FAT Motor, 5 speed Mendi, Fox Shocks. The frame, I would say, a beefed up 16 car for the lighter weight.

And for the top speed, awould say from experience, close to 100 maybe 102....

great qyestion.

jsallenbach

Reaction
Foddrill single seat chasis or Penhall. Even if a car is a little heavier it could take more of a beating through the rough stuff.

Fat engine

Mendeola 5spd

King shocks

Yokohama super diggers

Centerline wheels.

onebuilder

Reaction
Single seat would be a Seagrove chassis with a Wiks 1776 and a Mendi MD5 by Folts. King shocks by Webber. Tires would be BFG. on BTRs.

2 seater would be a Moulton chassis with a FAT 1835 and a Mendi MD5 by Folts. King shocks by Webber. Tires would be Yokes. Super Diggers on the rear and 720s on the front on Btrs.

Why you ask. :confused: Wait until next year and you will see! :D

NIKAL

Reaction
2 seat Jimco, Major Performance, Mendeola, Fox Shox, Yokohama tires. I know this would not be the lightest car, but I like 2 seat cars.

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I would have to say 2 seat Foddrill/Banning chassis, Fat, Mendi 5, Fox and BFGs...that is what I'm saving for! Just need to sell my 2/1600 first!! Any takers?? :)
I dont know any takers on you 2/1600, BUT I DO know someone with the exact car you want with the exception of King Shocks instead of Fox.....If interested let me know....

Mitosinka Motorsports

Reaction
Single seat MM chassie, BonnerHawk Engine, X-Trac 5 speed seq., King Shocks, Body by Dan Gurny 100% Carbon, KMC, BFG.

This is what I would do. I would want to keep it light and simple with big HP.

Cheater

Reaction
Single seat would be a Seagrove chassis with a Wiks 1776 and a Mendi MD5 by Folts. King shocks by Webber. Tires would be BFG. on BTRs.

2 seater would be a Moulton chassis with a FAT 1835 and a Mendi MD5 by Folts. King shocks by Webber. Tires would be Yokes. Super Diggers on the rear and 720s on the front on Btrs.

Why you ask. :confused: Wait until next year and you will see! :D
Oh Steve! Your funny. I hear there might be a moulton single seater coming. Just a rumor I have been hearing. Lol

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Oh Steve! Your funny. I hear there might be a moulton single seater coming. Just a rumor I have been hearing. Lol
Is that one of those things where your Brother's, sister's, next door neighbors, Cousin's, friend overheard something while at the......? HMMMMMM.....