What Andrews Racing has been up to

JCA

Reaction
Well we sure as heck have not been racing much lately(unfortunatly) . We have been getting into the rock crawling scene more though. We have not been competing in rock crawling but rather we have been learning a sport simular to what we are use to but totally diffrent. Diffrent driving style and diffrent driving skill. We still have the race truck and we are trying to race the Baja 500 this year.

If anyone comes out to the rock crawling events and sees me, stop by and say hello. Not me in the phots but we just got done with some upgrades and wanted to play/test and the ditch in front of my house provided the terrain to do it. I was taking the photos
smile.gif

flex%20shot.jpg

front%20flex.jpg

This is the formula toyota class. Basically it is the "Pro-Truck" of rock crawling. Meaning it is a drivers class. It is a budget class that is built with rules that keep all the vehicles basically the same and it punts it back to driver talent. It is a new class and is shaping up to be a great ride!!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
That's cool. I guess this is a good time to let everyone know that I am working on a new rock crawling video. I am hoping to finish it before DP3 comes out, but if not then it will be out shortly after DP3.

If you have any footage of you guys I would like to check it out if possible. It would be cool to put some people in it that are also into desert racing. I am going to have a few minutes of desert racing in it somewhere also.

check out the attachment. And I should have a trailer edited this week, I will post it when its done.

Attachments

• 87770-gription_pic_teaser1.jpg
    87770-gription_pic_teaser1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 298

jeff

Reaction
I wouldn't let Dave drive your rig... eventually he'll give in to the urge to flop your Yota in your yard. On second thought, why don't you get Dave to be the official "cage test dummy"

Aloha

JasonHutter

Reaction
I was out in Moab the last couple of days, our sponsor for our race truck does some crawling. Here is a shot from the other night. It was the only time we could get on a trail without a 1000 other trucks during Jeep Safari week.

Attachments

• 87775-moab.jpg
    87775-moab.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 312

JasonHutter

Reaction
one more, and I know they are large. I need to get a program on my computer to be able to resize my pictures.

Attachments

• 87776-moab2.jpg
    87776-moab2.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 213

JasonHutter

Reaction
Here is where we camped.

Attachments

• 87777-100_0430.JPG
    87777-100_0430.JPG
    705.4 KB · Views: 219

JasonHutter

Reaction
It was cool to see that a prerunner style truck was there also. He is from Utah and has just started his own business promoting prerunner style trucks that he does.

www.holeshotoffroad.com

He races a 5-1600 in the BORE series also.

Attachments

• 87778-100_0432.JPG
    87778-100_0432.JPG
    698.2 KB · Views: 269

JCA

Reaction
jdfab, are you going to be at the Toyota Jambo? It is april 23rd-25th. It is open to all makes of vehicles and should provide for some awsome video footage. Here is a link to the info www.tinbenders.org

If you are going to be there, make sure to say hi!!

JCA

Reaction
Actuall that is ReTodd's (username) truck. I have been helping him finish it up. and funny you should say something about dave floping it...

kids%20jungle%20gym.jpg

of course we had to help it over as a joke to the owner
and%20if%20you%20ask%20how%20LOL.jpg

JCA

Reaction
Jason is your "sponser" AOR? If so I need to talk to you...

I need someone to learn me somtin
grin.gif

Bryan_D

Reaction
Thats quite a large bumper on that guys ranger in that pic.
wink.gif

I heard that The Easter Jeep Safari this year was a blast. My buddy is sponsored by Rock Krawler and they said it was fun.

Whats the deal with this yota class? A friend just picked up an 82 with a dual marlin t-case deal for like 2grand in san fran for the whole thing. Looks good though.

drtdevil93

Reaction
jdfab - i swear a friend and i invented the word "gription". i knew i shouldve gotten it trademarked!!

erik

JCA

Reaction
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the deal with this yota class? A friend just picked up an 82 with a dual marlin t-case deal for like 2grand in san fran for the whole thing. Looks good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.formulatoy.com/

JasonHutter

Reaction
JC, AOR is our sponsor. I was out there with Kevin the owner and I think that I introduced him to you at a race in Primm, when we were showing you the orbit eye joint. I will be at the shop for the next two days working on our truck, you should give him a call.

970 263 4300

Jason

JCA

Reaction
[ QUOTE ]
JC, AOR is our sponsor. I was out there with Kevin the owner and I think that I introduced him to you at a race in Primm, when we were showing you the orbit eye joint. I will be at the shop for the next two days working on our truck, you should give him a call.

970 263 4300

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jason, that is what I thought and that is the part I need to be educated on. I will try to call in the afternoon.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
[ QUOTE ]
jdfab - i swear a friend and i invented the word "gription". i knew i shouldve gotten it trademarked!!

erik

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny... my friends and I used to say Gription all the time in high school over ten years ago. Before deciding to use it as the video name I did allot of searching on the net and found an anti skid material company with that name. But no other videos, so I decided to use it. Looks like we weren't the only ones to think of that name
wink.gif

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
JCA, I have heard of that Toy Jamboree, but I have already had plans to go with allot of friends to the Barstow Poker Run that weekend. Most of us will have our dirt bikes there. I know a couple of people going to the jambo, so hopefully they can film a little of it for me. Even though they are close to each other I think it would be hard to make it to both.
There is to much going on that weekend. I was also thinking of checking out the TT250 trials on Friday also.

Curtis

Timmah

Reaction
Sorry Eric,
We also used to say gription, but it was when I was about 13 and adding grip tape to my Harbour skate board. Hmm, I hate to say it, but that was about 28 years ago.

Geez, who's the old guy playin in the dirt!
ooo.gif

Cameron

Reaction
Jason,
Who is it that is doing Holeshot Off Road? This is the first I have heard of them.
I know we havn't had to many 5-1600's racing in B.O.R.E. lately. I would just like to
know who this is.