What are the 2017 rumors?

dbq61537

Reaction
With the 2016 short course season coming to an end...

What are the rumors about 2017...the craziest, juiciest, done deals, spy shots...

This could be fun...but let's try and keep it clean, and try not to get anyone in trouble!

I was at work talking to a customer, who attends several events a year (in the Midwest), he has a friend who was given some inside info...

His info was that one of the, major players (TORC, or LOORS), was trying to put together at least one, live on Cable event weekend for 2017. My only reaction was it would need to be one of the big season ending events. I could see RedBull trying this with the Frozen Rush, or the RedBull signature series...but not an event like Route 66, or Wild Horse.

What has anyone else heard.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

sb4pro

Reaction
With the 2016 short course season coming to an end...

What are the rumors about 2017...the craziest, juiciest, done deals, spy shots...

This could be fun...but let's try and keep it clean, and try not to get anyone in trouble!

I was at work talking to a customer, who attends several events a year (in the Midwest), he has a friend who was given some inside info...

His info was that one of the, major players (TORC, or LOORS), was trying to put together at least one, live on Cable event weekend for 2017. My only reaction was it would need to be one of the big season ending events. I could see RedBull trying this with the Frozen Rush, or the RedBull signature series...but not an event like Route 66, or Wild Horse.

What has anyone else heard.

I could easily see Red Bull doing that with the Crandon fall event . Instead of being taped why not do it live .

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
All Midwest schedule for TORC in 2017.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
At the drivers meeting today at the LOORRS race they announced that entries will be lower next year, payout higher, and will be assisting teams financially to get out to the Wheatland event next year. Also that the UTV Production 1000 class that has been at regionals will be at all of the national events next year. They are also debating to keep the two day race format or go to just one day but nothing is decided, they are still talking to teams and sponsors to see what would be best.

ME Motorsports

Reaction
Word is Redbud could be back on the schedule for TORC in 2017 and two races at ERX!
I hope both of these turn out to be true!

450grl

Reaction
Good news for Prod UTV racers on both sides of the country.....in LOORRS and TORC in 2017!! Now, if we can only get the SR1s back in - lol!

sb4pro

Reaction
Red Bud replacing Charlotte makes sense...

Totally agree I'd like to see all the " oval " type tracks replaced with the more traditional natural type terrain tracks . Ovals just don't have that same type of feel as the hill and valley type tracks

Dirty*

Reaction

mike337

Reaction
Crandon will not be the last race of the year : (
Could be rumor though, but it might be ERX too???

Dirty*

Reaction

dbq61537

Reaction
Totally agree I'd like to see all the " oval " type tracks replaced with the more traditional natural type terrain tracks . Ovals just don't have that same type of feel as the hill and valley type tracks
I agree on your point...but the biggest problem with Charlotte was the location...that it was on the Far East coast. I've never had a problem with the track in Joliet. The racing is always pretty good, because they get a good truck, and they can include the Sportsman categories. Without the Sportsman competitors, the event in Charlotte always, felt a little incomplete.

PDANK Racing

Reaction
At the Morr driver's meeting, they said sportsman and pro may run the same schedule all season, 2 erx, 2 crandon, 1 bark river, 1 red bud, and I think 1 Joliet. They're definitely going to have to combine or kill a couple classes to make it work.

mike337

Reaction
Yup, Sportsman and Pros every round starting with Joliet, ending at ERX.

sb4pro

Reaction
Crandon International Raceway Announces New Agreement with TORC Off-Road Championship Series
-- Extended Partnership To Carry Through 2020 Season --
-- TORC Series Success in 2016 A Key Component To Future --
CRANDON, WI. (October 27, 2016) – Capping off a record-breaking season with an eye squarely focused on the future, Crandon International Off-Road Raceway today announced a newly- signed agreement with MSI and its TORC: The Off-Road Championship Series. The four-year partnership between the legendary Crandon “Big House” and the growing off-road short course series will ensure two scheduled TORC race weekends each season beginning in 2017 and extending through 2020.

Maintaining a well-established schedule that has become annual tradition, Crandon International will open its custom steel gates to welcome TORC PRO and Sportsman class racers in late June for the spring Brush Run and again in the fall for the massive Labor Day weekend Crandon Off-Road World Championships that now include the non-denominational "World Cup Sunday." The agreement also solidifies TORC’s participation in Crandon’s highly anticipated 50th anniversary celebration in 2019.

Crandon’s purpose-built, 400-acre complex is the finest off-road short course facility in the world and has hosted the largest crowds in the sport since 1970. This legacy has recently grown thanks to a record attendance of 49,600 fans that enjoyed the track’s 2016 Labor Day races including the new Crandon World Cup, part of the Red Bull Signature Series. Located two hours northwest of Green Bay, WI and just one mile outside the tiny town of Crandon (population 1,386), for the past 47 years the “Big House” has provided three generations of enthusiasts with high-intensity, dirt-throwing action and legendary performances by the sport’s best drivers.

justafan

Reaction
I was hoping this would be laid out with Wheatland 1-2 weeks before Crandon. Would have been best for Short Course.

Putting a race date back to the week before Labor Day in Nevada, along with moving the race scheduled after Labor Day in a week sure doesn't help either.

Real hard for teams to prep for 3 races in 4 weeks.