What are the most important things we want from a desert webcast

What are the most important things we want from a desert webcast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

announcer dude

Leg Rider
Reaction
You guys need to understand more money for streaming the better the show.
KOH has a big budget and they do a great job. My hats off to Dave Cole.
I did Parker 425 2 Live cameras from remote areas. Laughlin is easy to do cameras
from infield. In live streaming its bandwith. Parker I had 3 sat dishes not cheap.
Sponsors help pay for this. Tune in BITD Laughlin Desert Challenge in May 3 cameras
infield and 1 camera at road jump. Also i will monitor our radio and play for you guys.
and of course podium finish interviews both days.
Vegas To Reno I will have a live camera every 100 miles and finish podium.
Incar live is already there you need drone to follow, BITD does not allow drones.
I have drone that streams live.
I am just trying to bring fans something to watch not just finish.

George Antill George Antill Dirtlive 2 Production at Livestream

Tipracer

Reaction
In a dream world I only would like a few things...
Race vehicles location on a race map, with 3 min. Updates that are synced, w lat. /long. Time stamp race number and DOR....
The reality is that 350/400 vehicles simultaneously updating a web based anything would never work(this is not military/DARPA, on an individual basis it can and does work, but not on a mass "free" way, think ion earth)...more rewards would be gained by promoting/broadcasting weatherman/raceops even with adds, (kinda like FM radio) and there would be no chance of the different promoters agreeing to a single web/app based tracking/content provider.... or prove me wrong

elmariachi

Reaction
Coverage of the limited classes would be great. I know the high horsepower classes are the "Sexy" thing in the desert, but there are a lot of racers/teams between the TT/Class 1s and Class 11s.

sb4pro

Reaction
I did Parker 425 2 Live cameras from remote areas. Laughlin is easy to do cameras
from infield. In live streaming its bandwith. Parker I had 3 sat dishes not cheap.
Sponsors help pay for this. Tune in BITD Laughlin Desert Challenge in May 3 cameras
infield and 1 camera at road jump. Also i will monitor our radio and play for you guys.
and of course podium finish interviews both days.
Vegas To Reno I will have a live camera every 100 miles and finish podium.
Incar live is already there you need drone to follow, BITD does not allow drones.
I have drone that streams live.
I am just trying to bring fans something to watch not just finish.

George Antill George Antill Dirtlive 2 Production at Livestream
Sent ya a pm bud

Racing Ron

Reaction
Like it or not, for better or worse the Mint has a big time TV deal. That's likely to preclude most live streaming. That's how TV works. Some deals are different. I'd imagine Cole's TV deal is a time buy where they have more latitude to use other platforms. They buy the blocks of time from the network then sell the ads, usually to companies associated with the event. Eyeballs on network ads, even on a Sunday afternoon when not much else is on are worth far more than any streaming. The stream is going to get a couple thousand people max, if that. You'll be into six figures on a network show and with that scale and reach the big brands are going to be able to pay for it.
KOH/Ultra4 TV deal not a time buy, and commercial sales are split with NBC. Live show for KOH reaches over 500,000 and I know Dave has offered to help both SCORE and BITD on live coverage. Possible that SCORE and Mint TV deals preclude live shows, but that is all negotiable. Cole keeps his live show because he won't negotiate it away. We don't know the details of all the contracts, but if they really wanted to do a comprehensive live show, they could.

Dirty Harry

Reaction

I agree that more money makes a better show, but Dave doesn't "have a big budget" for the live show. He has tried different options over the years, and Dave has made the live show (and the Jumbotrons for that matter) priorities and spends his money on them. It would be just as easy for SCORE or BITD to "have a big budget" if that was their priority.