What are your thoughts? Would you get it?

TREPIN3

Reaction
So I am looking for a ride that can handle the desert, I have fallen in love with this Raptor (I'll link it below) I saw at a local Ford dealer. Does anyone know how good the build on this is? I was just looking to go mudding, maybe hit some medium sized jumps. It has a laundry list of upgrades that sound great to me (i'll type them up below). I have a link to the Raptor that I put below as well as the number to the guy selling it. Just let me know what you think (good or bad for what i'm trying to do).

Thanks! :)

Kepler at Chapman Ford's cell number: 775-720-4202
New 2018 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Raptor Custom - 180415 | Chapman Ford

-A.D.D FRONT & REAR VENOM BUMPERS
-A.D.D REAR BUMP STOP KIT
-A.D.D HD OFF-ROAD TIE ROD KIT
-A.D.D REAR BED CAGE
-ICON BILLET UPPER ARM W/ DELTA JOINT
-6 XD KMC TRUE BEADLOCK WHEELS
-6 37/12.50R17 NITTO TRAIL M/T
-BAJA DESIGNS ROCK LIGHTS
-BAJA DESIGNS 30" LED CURVED BAR
-BAJA DESIGNS 40" LED CURVED BAR
-AFE MAGNUM FORCE STAGE 2 COLD AIR INTAKE
-AFE BLADERUNNER INTERCOOLER
-AFE SCORCHER GT MODULE
-AFE REBEL SERIES 3" EXHAUST
-AFE TWISTED STEEL CATTED DOWN PIPE
-FRONT & REAR FOX FACTORY RACE SERIES SHOCKS
-POWER TANK NITROGEN TANK
-REAR DRY CHEM. FIRE EXTINGUISHER
-LOWRANCE ELITE-7 OFF-ROAD GPS W/CUSTOM MOUNT
-ICOM F5021 RACE RADIO
-CENTER CONSOLE LOCKING SAFE
-HD AMP RESEARCH AUTO STEP W/LED LIGHTS
-CUSTOM 3M VINYL MATTE GREY VEHICLE WRAP
-CUSTOM BEDLINERED FENDER FLARES, GRILL, BUMPER PLATES

180415.jpg

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
What he said...^^^^^ SDHQ are the go to off-road store in your area.

crazyeye

Reaction
For that money you can have one built from scratch that will smoke a Raptor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Turbonick

Reaction
The new Raptors aren't bad, however here are a list of issues I have come across.

There have been a few engine issues. I personally have seen a few oil pump issues and also have personally replaced an engine under warranty for oil consumption and know of a few more that have brand new engines installed with less than 10k miles on them.

Not saying all are bad but monitor your oil consumption. Check the intake pipe going to the turbo inlets make sure they aren't leaking, one common area of oil consumption for those motors. Also check periodically for oil leaks around the oil pan. It doesn't like to play nice. Don't go over on the oil changes either make sure you get it done at 5000 miles and make sure they check its level before they drain it.

We have had quite a few come in with unbelievable water leaks in the interiors. Truck was designed for the desert I guess. Don't go to Florida during hurricane season .

Also we had a few with issues with the new super high tech tail lights with the blind spot system in them. Would take down networks. Found to be a melted wiring socket. Also not an isolated incident.

Don't complain about tire vibration, it has offroad tires and will not ride like your rolls Royce, I don't care how much you paid.

Other than that it's a great truck. I was a technician at a Ford dealer until earlier this year so all these issues are from experience within the first year of production.

Now I'm not trying to talk you out of your purchase, I would like to make you aware of some issues the model has been having over the last year so you can be proactive in dealing with them so you can enjoy your vehicle to the fullest.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

michael_loomis

Reaction
You lost me at trying to hit some “medium jumps”...

Also... this sounds more like a marketing ploy.. not something you are really trying to buy. 144k. (-10k discount) Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk