What console to get ?

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
PS2 ? X-box ? or g-Cube ?

On TechTV they showed some need hardware mods for the x-box. Like add a large internal Harddrive, "backup" games to disk, turn into a ftp server, mp3-library player etc etc. Need stuff that wants me to get one.

I still have my old PSX...and the only game I play is Driver2. GTA is kind of like it and the vice city commercials make say "I am buying a console and GTA3 tomorrow" every time I see it.

So what console to get ?

Volcom1095

Reaction
I have Both PS2 And XBOX and Xbox blows PS2 out of the water. graphics are better the xbox live network rocks and most of all Halo is the best game out there and Collin McCrea sp? looks bad ass havent gottin it yet though. just my 2 cents

tedmales

Reaction
i was told you can get a x box with a mod chip in it to let it play ps2 games. i asked the question earlier and found a couple of sites that sell x boxes done. i have one, but if not i would buy one done and have the best of both worlds.

life is too short to be small

martininsocal

Reaction
X-box. Btter graphix, etc...My kids have both and still use both, but the X-box has better features, is upcradable, and Halo IS the game...Halo2 in '05!

If your gonna go, go BIG

Jimmy8

Reaction
I am not arguing which is better, because I have played both, but go to Walmart and see how many games are available for each one. I think you will see there is a lot more availability for the PS2, and games generally get released on the PS2 before the other machines. I find the PS2 controllers 100 times easier to use than the X Box or Game Cube as well. As far as graphics and the hardrive go, the X Box probably is a little better, but here is a thought. Playstations are all downward compatible meaning you can use the PS1 games on the PS2, and when the PS3 comes out in 2005 you will probably be able to use all three on that. Other than Playstation and Gameboy, no other systems let you do this meaning you might as well chuck all of your old games in file 13 when you get a new system. Just a thought.

Trophy Truck #15
www.JimmyBeaver.com

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
ps2, first game vice city... love it.

good citizen bonus, waste 25 gang members in 2minutes, drive the moped, "pay first",wasted, busted

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
did anyone play the getaway ? good game ?

dunerking

Reaction
I love my PS2,I figured I already have a computer so why would I want a game console that is upgradeable? I would rather spend that money on new games or parts for my truck or?All I do on my PS2 is play the driving games WRC,ATV Fury 2,Nascar Thunder 2003,World of Outlaws, I just bought the Big Game Hunter,looks pretty fun.Either way you go I'm sure you will enjoy!

hit it hard

fox_mccloud2000

Reaction
Well I don't know about the systems. I have all 3 of the systems. I hate my ps2, I'm not thriled about the X-box but the Gamecube kicks soo much ass! And yes I play games all the time cause I work at a videogame store. Granted there is a larger selection of used ps2 games but that is also because it has been out for a year longer then the others. In my opinion the Gamecube is more promising in the future then any other system.

BTW: when the ps3 comes out Nintendo's next system will be out also

HA

-matt-