• Forum membership has its advantages....

What did you guys think of Millens maiden voyage ?

billy evans

Now that we've seen the maiden voyage of RMRs new car what does everyone think ? I know ive posted about it before and i apologies but i am just infatuated with this new lighter wheel design. Also the fact that these sadev gear boxes aren't supposed to be able to handle our rougher courses and it seemed to do fine. He smoked a pretty solid and proven racecar and driver right out of the gate which was fun to watch. Is there an overall buggy winner in this cars future? A rotary engine i think would be a pretty sweet set up but i know Rhys started the design process to be 6200 class friendly. I wouod love to hear what the more experienced guys think about this new set up after the 1st race if they were able to watc it race by... Thanks alot.

Zambo

I think the maiden voyage was at NORRA but I never got a chance to really look at the car. From the pictures I've seen it basically looks like a scaled up UTV.....which I've thought for a while now would be an interesting car to build and now lo and behold someone has built one.

Pee Wee

Now someone should build a scaled up RC car and dominate! You could do backflips also.

BigBlue&Goldie

I think it's a cool car, and I like how he's thinking outside the box, but time will tell if it has what it takes to take on a more traditional Class 1. I think the biggest disadvantage it will have is handling the deep whoops due to how light weight it is. I'm also not sure the AWD will be enough to overcome the power of a traditional big horsepower V8. I think it's best opportunity to shine will be in 6200, not Class 1.

billy evans

I think the maiden voyage was at NORRA but I never got a chance to really look at the car. From the pictures I've seen it basically looks like a scaled up UTV.....which I've thought for a while now would be an interesting car to build and now lo and behold someone has built one.
Sorry Zambo.. Yes Your'e right. Maiden voyage really was Norra. I guess this was the maiden voyage of trying to really smash it.

Dezertpilot

Let's see video and pictures

Fourstroker

I wonder how it did with those new Tensor 37's and how soon before we see that tire elsewhere?

Shoyrtt

We saw it at RM 90 near the BFG pit. It was by far the quietest Class 1 car in the field, almost stealth as it passed our location. When it made the turn past the BFG pit, on to another rancher's road, a Class 1 was behind the RMR car maybe 100 yards back. After watching the two cars in the same area, the V8 traditional car seemed to both turn and accelerate better IMO. Tiny sample size I admit.

51rcr

Now someone should build a scaled up RC car and dominate! You could do backflips also.
Like the Monster trucks are? I rember when i was a kid thinking would be cool to see them do more then crush cars. The the TMax and other rc trucks and ya go. If you could make these big. I think the monster trucks are there now.

Bricoop

These are the classes it can be raced in:

SCORE Class One / Class 2000 / Class 10 / BITD Class 1500 / Class 6200 / Class 7200 truck / Class 10

Love the paint job
1559746560744.png

Rhys Millen rmrproducts.com (@rhysmillenracing) • Instagram photos and videos

Some cool testing videos if you scroll down. Going to be interesting to see how this thing does with full boost and suspension tune. It reportedly only weighs 2780, wet no fuel (that might be on 35" tires).

billy evans

With their background in rally racing and Pikes Peak stuff , Professional commercial driving too. A neat part of this to me is that these guys are digging our sport enough to want to get into it more . And apply what they already know to offroad and see what they can do. Ryhs easily could have stayed driving a Golf Cart.

Last edited:

swiftracing5

These are the classes it can be raced in:

SCORE Class One / Class 2000 / Class 10 / BITD Class 1500 / Class 6200 / Class 7200 truck / Class 10

Love the paint job
View attachment 202365

Some cool testing videos if you scroll down. Going to be interesting to see how this thing does with full boost and suspension tune. It reportedly only weighs 2780, wet no fuel (that might be on 35" tires).
Isn’t class 10 sealed ecotec only?

Fourstroker

Isn’t class 10 sealed ecotec only?
I think he meant with a different engine it could fit in Class 10...meaning no restriction on 4wd in Class 10 that I know of

Rory

Crayola Killer
At the 2016 Baja 500 I was watching the cars come through San Felipe and the first UTV was behind only 1 class 10 car. Actually there was about 3 UTVs before the 2nd class 10 car.

I think the future will be AWD and Mullen already has a head start with the UTV type platform. Sure beats digging out of the silt at race mile 2........

bajafox

Accepted
At the 2016 Baja 500 I was watching the cars come through San Felipe and the first UTV was behind only 1 class 10 car. Actually there was about 3 UTVs before the 2nd class 10 car.

I think the future will be AWD and Mullen already has a head start with the UTV type platform. Sure beats digging out of the silt at race mile 2........
I saw a ton of UTVs mixed with Specs and 10s around rm32 this year.