• Forum membership has its advantages....

What did you guys think of Millens maiden voyage ?

TRAVISD

I dont know where you get your info but as far as running 2 wd in a utv I have over 1500 miles of hard pre running on mine and like all cars if the set up is right cvs are not a issue at all. they are very expensive but no problem and I run 2 wheel drive a lot as I am sure a lot do

I ran CanAm in 2wd for 95% of the time in a 1400 mile run to Cabo. Zero issues.

isdtbower

Cowabunga.

4WD sucks HP. In a 4x4 KOH rig. 800hp = about 500hp to the wheels. Probably 600ish in a 2wd TT. Any tuners in here?

Baja Bryan

Because there is not a lot of class 1's its not hard to win if you have no issues. I could see it win pretty easy if the course suits it. I think they said top speed was 115 that will hurt them a little when we can get 135 pretty quick. I heard it handles little like class 10 and will be tough to keep up in the big stuf. But it will be wicked fast in the tight sandy stuff and silt. Once class 1 guys start doing AWD also then it will be tough to keep up. Very cool machine the Millens built..

Bricoop

Because there is not a lot of class 1's its not hard to win if you have no issues. I could see it win pretty easy if the course suits it. I think they said top speed was 115 that will hurt them a little when we can get 135 pretty quick. I heard it handles little like class 10 and will be tough to keep up in the big stuf. But it will be wicked fast in the tight sandy stuff and silt. Once class 1 guys start doing AWD also then it will be tough to keep up. Very cool machine the Millens built..
Is that top speed limited by HP or suspension? If the latter, they expect to pickup a lot of speed after some more time to dial in the shocks.

Bro_Gill

I do! Can you please explain it all to me?
Lets just say that even Polaris says run it in 4wd on anything other than hard pack if you want to keep the rear CVs alive. I have watched plenty of blown out rear CVs on race cars needing to be replaced when the drivers either lost front drive or thought they could get a little more out of 2wd on the top end. Driving the thing to Cabo on mostly roads is hardly the same as racing desert, so my statement about being OK on hardpack still stands.

Zambo

I initially ran my CanAm in 2wd most of the time off-road like it was a pickup truck. That was a mistake. 4wd spreads the stress out, makes it handle better, saves the rear tires, etc.

isdtbower

Because the 10" rear gears are questionable any more. Many teams are running full time 4x4 at KOH. Only shifting hi to low range.

McCredie A

I see the car is for sale. Does anyone know why?

McCredie A

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I got the impression that the ad was for them to build you a customer car.
You could be correct. I hope you are. I am looking forward to watching the car develop.

Bro_Gill

Yes, I think that is a chassis sales brochure. They will build it to the spec you want for your engine package.

One-Eyed Peter

I am guessing but i bet its because he wont be racing for a while with a mangled hand.
I found a grisly-looking picture on the interwebs, but I couldn't find what actually happened. His middle finger looked like a hot dog that had been split down the middle, then put on the grill.:oops: