• Forum membership has its advantages....

What did you guys think of Millens maiden voyage ?

michael.gonzalez

short coarse not going to help him. not even big name class 1 cars there
Isn't a short course more advantageous for a class 1?

I wish we had telemetry data compiled of all the top unlimited cars so we can really see where the advantages and disadvantages are.

crazyeye

He was 24 seconds off from Pat Dean in qualifying.

Zac Reish

Car did not look any faster than the other 1 cars. Rhys was not driving. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for the new driver. Really neat car ns well thought out. I think there is great potential with it.

GBRACER

Car did not look any faster than the other 1 cars. Rhys was not driving. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for the new driver. Really neat car ns well thought out. I think there is great potential with it.
But it also has half the motor and it probably did not look much slower, he is onto to something what were the results this weekend, BITD does not appear on here much .

C.J. Hutchins

But it also has half the motor and it probably did not look much slower, he is onto to something what were the results this weekend, BITD does not appear on here much .
They DnF'd, I agree with Zach it has potential, they didnt build it to race class1, they built it for that stupid 6200 class I think. I talked to the driver quite a bit over the weekend, he was a french rally guy. He didnt like the jumps at the high school and slowed way down for them. I dont think it would be competitive with the top class 1 cars, With its current motor package, but it would probably kick the crap out of the two other cars it was designed to race against in 6200 😂

bobylax

Here's a shot from this weekend.
DSCN3202.JPG

C.J. Hutchins

Catching air catches woman. I got into offroad in highschool just to jump. 20 years later I hit the dyke jump at 90 and immediatly found how much air is too much air.
HA hA HA! The first time I race BAP, I asked a guy how fast he hits the dyke, of course he said "wide open" well his wide open and my wide open were about 15 mph different. flew that thing at about 95 in the ten car, it was def too much air lol. only did that once.

Zac Reish

HAHA! thats exactly how I felt while my friend smashed down to earth. Haul ass, check up a tad, then gas off the lip is how it's done.

sverdier

I was the driver of the Millen's car that weekend. As my first time at a BITD race I was really happy the way the car performed. My qualifying time was safe, maybe too safe, I made a mistake in the first corner that cost us time, was too cautious in the braking zone and way to slow over the 4 jumps by the High School. I always have a hard time to push at 100% when it's not my car or can't afford to pay for it if I brake it or maybe I just should stay out of offroad as @ht racing said.:) I honestly believe the car can be a good 10 sec faster on that lap. I know it's still not close enough to Dean, but who is?:) As for the race we just maintain the same pace as qualifying and seemed to be ok and were staying with the top guys. Unfortunately at the end of lap 2 we lost a rear hub and had to retire. I believe over a full race that car has the potential to do really well, Rhys got 5th at the 500. I had a lot of fun doing laughlin and meeting the 1500 drivers and Co-drivers was great. Great community and some amazing cars. I believe CJ won the championship, congrats to you. We'll be racing the car at the B1K, hopefully we get better luck. Cool pic @bobylax. Can I use it?

swiftracing5

I have to say, it was rad hearing you come through the infield with that engine popping the limiter, flying level. It was a nice reprieve from the (yawn) V8 buggies ;)