what do you do?

mpower

Reaction
this seemed like an appropriate place for this question so i thought ill give it a wirl.

What do you designers, fabricators , companys ,ect do do protect the products that you design and produce, from someone copying it and selling it?

can you get a patent on any of this stuff?

for example : all the shops that make lt kits , can /has anyone gotten patents on their suspension design ? is this possible ?

even down to other misc parts and brackets?can these products be legally protected in some way or form from unscrupulous people and companys?

just something ive had on my mind.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
I had a great answer to this post but only 5% of you would of got it, and the rest would have reported me to the authorities. So I'll stand in the corner and just laugh at my post that I didn't write.

Humm I think I hang around Nimrod too much............

etl450

Reaction
The best part about patents Iv learned, from a couple different times of being suede for some sort of infringment.... Most of the time, the patents arent really patented. If going after a patent, make sure you pay the big bucks for a good patent lawyer. Iv been involved in making products and getting into legal battles with another company bc they think we are in violation and after a year or two of attorneys bills, they find out, their patent, wont stand up to anything. So Iv come to this conclusion, if you just make the best parts possible and are always on the cutting edge, with new designs and ideas, people will always buy your stuff bc they cant get it anywheres else. Before the competition can copy it, just come out with something new!

Brock_Beeson

Reaction
i call BS. and you know why that is? cus its called the I-arm! and i think GG actually has the patent. lol

well ill just let my lawyer in his fancy suit figure out who has the patent.. but it really doesn't matter since Blitz has the jig for those bad boys :)

mpower

Reaction
So Iv come to this conclusion, if you just make the best parts possible and are always on the cutting edge, with new designs and ideas, people will always buy your stuff bc they cant get it anywheres else. Before the competition can copy it, just come out with something new!
thanks for sharing some of your experience with the situation . i like the way u think.