What do you expect from online race coverage?

Maxwell_99

Reaction
It seems like every race where tracking is available everyone complains. With that being said, how would you fix it? What is your ideal coverage? Maybe if more race organizers heard, they could help.

12LaPaz

Reaction
We used to have stub cans on our racecars & never got to see anything unless we were there first hand.

I tracked the 1000 via volocore, I was glad to have this service available so I didn't miss out completely on the 1000.

If there were some kind of drop down bar that explained how to better navigate the options available that might be a good feature.

sb4pro

Reaction
I liked the coverage with this years 1000 , had the tracker going along with listening to weatherman and bfg with Wild Bill . Webcast at start was good too . If I had to grade it I'd say a strong "B"

J Prich

Reaction
Betting this will turn in to a feces show based on the title alone. For what it's worth, the coverage is free so you aren't allowed to "expect" anything.

Might be better to say what would you "want" or "like" to see. For me, if there is going to be a live stream with commentary, I'd like to see a pro/semi pro commentator. Perhaps someone directly involved in racing...bonus points for previous broadcasting experience.

Real time tracking is difficult for a variety of reasons noted in 1,000 other threads but the more accurate and complete real time or near real time tracking can be, the better.

And as much Weatherman as technologically possible.

That's my wish list.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I just posted this same line somewhere else, but it seems appropriate here as well-
If you get something for free, it is never enough.

43mod

Reaction
I just want Weatherman to answer when we are in a bind. He usually does.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Wishful thinking:

Elon Musk Admits Satellite Internet Plan Could 'Over-Extend' SpaceX

I would like to see Elon Musk launch his world wide internet satellite service. Then set up live streaming from each check point online. Have real time status of who passed through each check point and visual check point. SCORE can even charge a small fee to watch all of this online or a "pay per view" type service annually for live coverage of each race with live updates at each check point.

Jimmy8

Reaction
I honestly think SCORE should invest (Although it is free) in a legit in race Twitter feed. NASCAR, Indy Car, WRC, Supercross, GRC, Rally America, and countless others do literally minute by minute updates. It's cheap, easy, and gets the job done. Hire one official person to update the feed any and every time they get the least bit of information. In the case of the 1,000, have a few people doing it from different positions on course. If you guys are looking for up to the minute real time updates, and just an occasional picture/video, this is a no brainer and VERY easy.

C flips

Reaction
I honestly think SCORE should invest (Although it is free) in a legit in race Twitter feed. NASCAR, Indy Car, WRC, Supercross, GRC, Rally America, and countless others do literally minute by minute updates. It's cheap, easy, and gets the job done. Hire one official person to update the feed any and every time they get the least bit of information. In the case of the 1,000, have a few people doing it from different positions on course. If you guys are looking for up to the minute real time updates, and just an occasional picture/video, this is a no brainer and VERY easy.
That's a pretty good idea. They could probably post them at every, or every other check point.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Jimmy, I have wondered why this has not been done BY ANYONE out there. While internet coverage sucks, it wouldn't take much for sat phone updates to someone with a good wifi connection to post updates from around the course, for all cars and all classes.

07FJRog

Reaction
Updates for at least the top 3 in each class, at checkpoints maybe, seems all the focus and updates are usually only for tt and class one, some 6100. There are many classes that peeps are watching/rooting for.