what do you think a class 6 will cost to build from the ground up

swu chase1

RDC Crypto
I was trying to figure out what it would cost to build a class 6 from the ground up? is $80000.00 close or a dream turned mightmare when raced

bigtex

RDC Crypto
Alot more to be a top team,think about the trucks that are already built $$$$ then think of how many people are going to be building them now it has became pretty popular, the trucks that are going to be coming out are really going to be $$$$$$$ to be able to hang with trucks like the Mason trucks

idealer

RDC Crypto
I am in mine about 85k just finishing it up did a lot myself and its gonna be another 15k in spares before we are really even ready...

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Offer Pab 65k for a championship truck and see what he says. Heidi's 6 truck has won more races and True Grit awards than I can count. All of that with a stock pump gas engine. The truck is 7 open legal too! Put a little more HP in the truck and make all your wildest dreams come true. 3 championships and Dirt Sports Driver of the Year is just a little of this trucks resume. To me finishing every race it's been in except the Mint a couple of years ago is amazing..... Oh yeah it won the Mint this year! send Pab a pm and see what happens.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
The DA has hung pretty dang good with a 220 hp pump gas engine. We don't like second so I wonder what the winter will hold for our little engine...... Hummmm. Dave Caspino is a very talented driver and we feel honored to be able to battle with him, Robert and the other amazing drivers in class 6 but we ain't gonna take losing lightly. Yeeee!

teamgreen

RDC Crypto
Watching and being around the DA crew: I'm guessing you could do a SCORE season for around $250K, all inclusive, if..."If" you're smart and make good decisions...I mean this in-regards to engine selection, equipment & testing.

If ya wanna go over the top...I'll bet you could spend damn near TT money.

It's funny, everyone talks about the price of the truck; but, that ain't where the real money's spent.

Take a look at PAB and Heidi's program: It's the logisitics, support and preparation that require all the money.

I know this, as an UNDISPUTABLE fact...I know this...their program has allowed me to learn "The Baja" like I'm some kinda Factory-Racer.

In-fact, I've got a new moto: "When it comes to racin' the Baja, If it ain't DA...I ain't goin'!"

I'm jus' sayin'...

rickf

RDC Crypto
Watching and being around the DA crew: I'm guessing you could do a SCORE season for around $250K, all inclusive, if..."If" you're smart and make good decisions.....

I doubt you could do it for that without the same level of sponsorship support Cameron and Hiedi have EARNED over the years.
There is a LOT in that truck and team that is sponsered, as it should be.

D. Freeman

RDC Crypto
Offer Pab 65k for a championship truck and see what he says. Heidi's 6 truck has won more races and True Grit awards than I can count. All of that with a stock pump gas engine. The truck is 7 open legal too! Put a little more HP in the truck and make all your wildest dreams come true. 3 championships and Dirt Sports Driver of the Year is just a little of this trucks resume. To me finishing every race it's been in except the Mint a couple of years ago is amazing..... Oh yeah it won the Mint this year! send Pab a pm and see what happens.

You should be a used car salesman!

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
or give matt a million cans of coors light and you'll get a championship truck.

Matt, i would like get a truck for the cans... i have about a million of them crushed in bags on the side of the house. when should i bring them by?

teamgreen

RDC Crypto
I doubt you could do it for that without the same level of sponsorship support Cameron and Hiedi have EARNED over the years.
There is a LOT in that truck and team that is sponsered, as it should be.

I only meant that it "could" be done for that much...I didn't mean to imply you'd be at their level for that price...

Good catch, my bad.

Thanks!

phantom lighting

RDC Crypto
80,000 will buy you a descent truck with frame rails and beams, there is nothing wrong with them just a bit older then the new class 6 full tube chassis trucks, I take it if you want to build a new one yourself you got a garage with all the tools needed, the problem I figured out with doing them yorself is you waste alot of money on buying the wrong parts or cutting and redoing, with a budget like that I would use a frame rail and beams because you cannot reinvent the wheel on 80,000. the right parts for the truck will cost you 80% of that!

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
Heidi and Rene's truck is 6, 7 and 1450 legal. As of now it has a pump gas stock 4.0 Ranger engine.

We have a new Kroyer engine on the way now and will be racing it in the near future.

We are open to ideas and in my opinion eventually 6 will truly be mini trophy truck and the vehicles will be $150k - $250k. We may stay in this class and if we do eventually we would have a new Geiser Brothers Mini TT to sit next to the TTs.

PM me if interested in momms ride, it's a bad scooter, I drove it with her and Jamie when we won the Mint and it was awesome. This truck raced in 1450, 6 and 7 this year and never DNF'd and is again a Toyota True Grit winner for 2010.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
im looking for someone to do a bajalite with a stock v6 ford mustang engine with 305 hp and runs on premium.....all brand new $87,000

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
KROYER Power???? WHAAATTTT???????

Hoy cow giving Boogers Mom more power is like giving Wonder Women more super powers! YEEEEE!!!!

Next year is gonna be a lot of fun!

buckwild

RDC Crypto
You could start out with $25K and buy the frame that Camburg has for sell.

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=5&md=second&id=8475
$25000

Description: Camburg BITD 7200. 1 3/4' x .095 4130 chassis, 24' front travel with billet hubs and Wilwood brakes, 123' wheel base, 82-84' track width, full floater housing with 40 spline hubs and Wilwood brakes, rear 4 link with 60' lower links same as our trohpy truck, all heims and uniballs included. Ron Davis radiator, PWR oil-coolers, and 40+ Gallon custom bladder cell also included. This is a steal at $25,000 and will give wholesale pricing on all parts needed to complete. We do not have time to work on this as we have taken deposits to build new Trophy Trucks. [This chassis is not SCORE legal] but is legal everywhere else. This truck was built to race in BITD and be as competitive as possible to the 7200 rules as a light, strong truck with low prep costs.