what do you think?

martininsocal

Reaction
I have found a 1977 Chevy 2wd Blazer. Basically a shell, no motor/trans/interior. I am thinking it may be a good project for a 4 seat prerunner. Any info or ideas? I ma hesitating because I don't want to deal with the smog issue and this thing has nothing in the engine bay. Also- anyone making front suspension kits for these things anymore? I checked with CST and they said they stopped making any early Chevy stuff.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I just bought a 78 and the smog is not bad at all. Just put a crate motor in it with a mild cam and you will be fine. You just cant run the ZZ4 motor. Its killer so far. It will get caged in two weeks. I ordered new seats for it today and the motor is being built as I type this. Buying it like the one you found is ideal. I say go for it. As far as suspension. Mine as been widened but of course I cant leave well enough alone so it will get all new upper and lowers and coilovers. The front end wont be for awhile though. If not offer it to Jim Patelli. He was interested in a 2wd because they are rare.

K5Blazer

Reaction
Just wondering where did you find it? And how much is the guy asking? I might be buying one soon so i want to see what the going rate is.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Martin -

I agree with JB....GO FOR IT!!!

Think of it...that year has the removable rear part of the shell right? If so, it will be totally easy to install/fab a SERIOUS full-on race cage! Go topless in the summer!!! (You could even take the shell off when it's warm!)

As for front suspension, here is my thought...Call up Protruck and order a complete front end - upper and lower a-arms, spindles, tie-rods, etc, fab up a nice subframe to match the mounting points of the Protruck, and BAM! You've got a sweet set-up. For the rear, go with a cantilever arm setup (shocks mounted at rear), so the rear passengers area is wide open.

Sound good?

Call me when it's done, so you can take me for a ride!!!!!!

Keep us posted!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

martininsocal

Reaction
If I told you, I would have to kill you!!! J/King. The deal is this...are you ready? 175.00. Yes, that is one hundred seventy five dollars. It will cost me another 75 to have it delivered to my house.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I got a couple of set ups for that year model from basic to mucho travel, what do you want?

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

michael

Reaction
Do it man....I need some guidance with mine. '75 was the last year of the "full convert", but they're all cool. I've got pics of lot's of Blazers on my site.....plus my ugly dsco unit.

acidrain...I'm still waiting on some info/pics...come on man you're killin' me!

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mkparker.com/goose>mkparker.com/goose</A>

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction
I have an AZ blazer here in CA with a Crate motor. The AZ tags are expired so I have to trailer it. Any advice on smogging it? I bought it last summer and haven't even registered it yet because of the smog issue. Sure would be nice to actually street it.

Bret

leftwing55

Reaction
Wow.. and I was just thinking of posting on here about my Blazer build-up.. Sheesh..we're y'all reading my mind? Well mine is an 89 4WD K-5 and I'm looking towards building a cage from front to rear, Deaver springs with remote shocks (something built to perform rather than look pretty), and an overall support truck that seats 4 and carries supplies along with support items (i.e. winch, welder, underhood compressor). So anyone got any suggestions as far as cage work, fab work, etc. I am in Ventura County and am looking for someone in the area (including L.A. County). So sorry for the rambling and I'm going to shut up now and go back out to the garage and start working on a budget to do the build-up.

<font color=green> When the GREEN flag drops the BS stops. </font color=green>