What do you use to wrap your roll cage?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I'm looking for suggestions here. I've currently got pipe insulation wrapped in the neoprene "Rapz" that Summit Racing sells. I hate the damn things. Really hard to get around slight bends, difficult to work with, and it faded in about a month from red to PINK. Not cool. :mad:
I'm on a tight budget so I'm considering just wrapping nylon webbing around all the bars and securing it with zip ties. Any thoughts?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I agree with not using pipe insulation, find some dedicated roll bar padding. We simply used zip ties to attach ours to the cage tubes.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not looking to put padding on. It's not a race truck or a real prerunner, more of a chase truck, so I'm not too worried about safety. I'm just curious as to what material you guys use to wrap around the bars, padded or not. I've seen some people use material like leather or vinyl but I don't think it would last very long... I'm undecided between nylon webbing or canvas.

Prerunin554

Reaction
Thats kinda scary if you aren't concerned about safety. That should be your first concern.

But, if you really aren't concerned, go take some from the Mcdonalds playpen

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Haha relax man, it spends more time on pavement than it does on dirt. I use the truck to help pit for a friend and the occasional desert adventure. Nothing crazy. Padding would be great, but right now if I'm gonna get that serious, I'll put a helmet on. I can't afford the nice, certified SFI padding like the majority of the people here.

Since when did these forums become a place to harass people? Sheesh.

Prerunin554

Reaction
I didn't mean to come down harsh, but isn't the cage in the truck for safety? I was just trying to make a point. As for the Mcdonalds padding, i do know a few people who have done this, I was being serious.

Just shop around, I too am on a tight budget, but will have to fork out the dough for the expensive stuff :(