What do you want to see StateSide Promotors do differently?

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
I know they read here often, as do a lot of major teams and racers. Even if they don’t post.

I’m curious what peoples ideas are to make things better, change things, feedback, etc.

Try and be cautious with things that are made borderline impossible by the BLM.

That being said, i think We need more race courses. But promoters seem afraid to go farther north into northern nevada/ Utah area because they are afraid (IMO) the racers won’t make the trip.

The same hammered dogshit courses every year get super boring and old to me. It’s cool seeing BITD doing an ely race, Legacy trying some new areas. Snore went to kingman a few years back. Etc.

One thing i love About post Covid tech- assigned times. Tech seems to roll really fast and keep us from baking in the sun to a minimum.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
more long short course, short long course, like the Glen Helen race comming up, make it semi wheel to wheel racing, not full blown Crandon door slamming , and switch up the courses& layout so they dont get so hammerd, i had fun at the Del Mar tuff trucks, & that was a " short " course, desert racers dont need 500 miles& 20 hours in the seat to get their fix

Advertising supports this site

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Short course is fun to watch, i would defiantly go spectate. But wouldnt ever want to race in my truck. For me, its long, long, difficult races with technical sections ... rocks, climbs, stuff that if you dont know what you doing, you break. Baja 1000 just after the rain, a tough section that gets trucks stuck, etc. Hard stuff thats more than who will hit the whoops at 100mph.

--John

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
That being said, i think We need more race courses. But promoters seem afraid to go farther north into northern nevada/ Utah area because they are afraid (IMO) the racers won’t make the trip.
You're right, racers don't make the trip north. BOR's been putting on races in northern Utah/Nevada for 30 years and no one comes from down south to race them. Once the locals race a few BOR races and decide they like it, they head south to race against larger numbers of entries for better competition or because they want the experience of an large scale event like the Mint. I'm not sure the payback for the bigger series is any better. The BOR courses are fun, not hammered to poop, and do have some really fast and some really technical areas. There are no whoops. The loops aren't super long (typically 40ish miles) but they could be with the right amount of planning and resources.

dan200

Whistle Blower
RDC Crypto
Less races. Period. Less races from promoters.
this with cooperation among promoters to make better use of permits by sharing permits.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
this with cooperation among promoters to make better use of permits by sharing permits.
I think Promoters joining forces to put on bigger, more elaborate races like more/ snore etc used to do often would be rad. More manpower, more volunteers, = More fun for everyone.

Ultra 4/ Snore race in Ridgecrest was awesome also!

Klaus

Arquitecto de RDC
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Less Promoters. Plain and simple.
I used to feel the same. However now I think that the strength of desert racing comes through its diversity. It is less fractal because there are so many.

For example lets look at covid restrictions irregardless how you feel about their validity or not.
If One powers would have decided ALL of desert racing under its big wing must shut down racing or all MUST completely ignore CDC guidelines well then it would have changed the face of racing. Perhaps permanently. Instead Each series did whatever they felt was right. Then the market reacted to it how they felt right.

I am a fan for decentralized control for every aspect of life.
and
I am a fan of a common orientation.
A common value system that unites the many cells. To get to that level the strongest supports the weakest. Empowers them to create redundancy and resilience. I see RDC role in that to provide a communications platform where voluntarily the weakest gets treated with the upmost of respect by the strongest. I wish for more forums outside of RDC to talk about exactly the same topics because it would strengthen the all including RDC.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
At lease one lap prerun even if its at a controlled speed. All day prerun even better.
i say a virtual pre run, Dave Cole's thingy with those google goggles& you get to 'see ' the whole course from the comfort& safty of your Lazy- boy, not to mention your fridge full of ice coldys

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
I used to feel the same. However now I think that the strength of desert racing comes through its diversity. It is less fractal because there are so many.

For example lets look at covid restrictions irregardless how you feel about their validity or not.
If One powers would have decided ALL of desert racing under its big wing must shut down racing or all MUST completely ignore CDC guidelines well then it would have changed the face of racing. Perhaps permanently. Instead Each series did whatever they felt was right. Then the market reacted to it how they felt right.

I am a fan for decentralized control for every aspect of life.
and
I am a fan of a common orientation.
A common value system that united the many cells. To get to that level the strongest supports the weakest. Empowers them to create redundancy and resilience. I see RDC role in that to provide a communications platform where voluntarily the weakest gets treated with the upmost of respect by the strongest. I wish for more forums outside of RDC to talk about exactly the same topics because it would strengthen the all including RDC.
whaT??, you mean you dont like All decisions controlling your life made by an all powerfull, centralized, unelected faceless bureaucrat in Brussels???, what are you, a rebel???

Klaus

Arquitecto de RDC
Solutions
RDC Crypto
whaT??, you mean you dont like All decisions controlling your life made by an all powerfull, centralized, unelected faceless bureaucrat in Brussels???, what are you, a rebel???
Of course not. Lets not make this thread political. Though the same principles apply to desert racing.

I love that some series thrive and others fail all the time. Maybe I am odd that way. I am not attached to failures or wins. To me those things are simply feedbacks to aid in your current decisions. Nothing to get emotional about. Actually the more failure you experience the more datapoint you have to thrive afterwards. Its a very refreshing and relaxing way to live life actually.

I am glad desert racing is not structured like NASACR or many other sports where it is top down.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Of course not. Lets not make this thread political. Though the same principles apply to desert racing.

I love that some series thrive and others fail all the time. Maybe I am odd that way. I am not attached to failures or wins. To me those things are simply feedbacks to aid in your current decisions. Nothing to get emotional about. Actually the more failure you experience the more datapoint you have to thrive afterwards. Its a very refreshing and relaxing way to live life actually.

I am glad desert racing is not structured like NASACR or many other sports where it is top down.
was avoiding the dreaded P, trying to emphasize how when one guy is all powerfull, things get stale, keep thread prpl free!

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I like diversity, but it seems all race organizations are getting fewer entries, or only a couple of classes actually show up in decent numbers.
I think that has more to do with the collapse of civilization than anything else. 😆 Fuel is $10/gallon so people are beginning to realize they're in the midst of an economic collapse.