What do you want to see StateSide Promotors do differently?

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
I just spent a week on Means Lakebed doing work, no trash, no junk cars, no dumping, now go to Stoddard, its a dump, trash, cars, shooting ranges that look like a war zone. Blaming a promoter who is adding a new event to a location for past problems is why we spend more time fighting each other rather than the problems that keep us back, like land use and permiting

stonehole

RDC Crypto
I just spent a week on Means Lakebed doing work, no trash, no junk cars, no dumping, now go to Stoddard, its a dump, trash, cars, shooting ranges that look like a war zone. Blaming a promoter who is adding a new event to a location for past problems is why we spend more time fighting each other rather than the problems that keep us back, like land use and permiting
D37 clubs and members have lots of hours and pay per rider (after permit) and worked to do wemo,etc .....Go buy land...?? how bout sharing ,but dont be so greedy.......STOP

Advertising supports this site

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
D37 clubs and members have lots of hours and pay per rider (after permit) and worked to do wemo,etc .....Go buy land...?? how bout sharing ,but dont be so greedy.......STOP
The guy telling people to take their one event elsewhere also telling them they need to share is just priceless.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
The guy telling people to take their one event elsewhere also telling them they need to share is just priceless.
Even better when he finds out from the D37 guys that from the time the BLM made me go "Exclusive Use" (2011)....the D37 races in mid to late January have all been listed under my permit. Its been a minute, but more than a couple of those races used our staff camp as a 'remote ops base'. It is where the conversations that led to King of the Motos happened, not to mention 100 land use conversations in the dirt with the people who did the things that needed to be done.

I get his 'get off my lawn' perspective. However misguided and unproductive as it can be.

But at some point he will figure out while he was rocking away on the front porch of our house, Ive been hanging out doing chores and goofing off in the backyard ;)╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Cheers

Charlietuna

RDC Crypto
Even better when he finds out from the D37 guys that from the time the BLM made me go "Exclusive Use" (2011)....the D37 races in mid to late January have all been listed under my permit. Its been a minute, but more than a couple of those races used our staff camp as a 'remote ops base'. It is where the conversations that led to King of the Motos happened, not to mention 100 land use conversations in the dirt with the people who did the things that needed to be done.

I get his 'get off my lawn' perspective. However misguided and unproductive as it can be.

But at some point he will figure out while he was rocking away on the front porch of our house, Ive been hanging out doing chores and goofing off in the backyard ;)╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Cheers

1655140061739.png

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto

Cheers
Funny enough, I originally typed "Get off my lawn" and then deleted it.

nelson979

RDC Crypto
here is my $,02 basically a six to 8 race series 2 in az 2 in nv 2 mid ca 2 in so cal let the smaller orgs run the limited race on sat let the big org run on sunday. make each race a four day long extravaganza. racers can choose what orgs they want to race for points and pay extra for each org they want to race in. contingency like the mint have sponsors row that anyone who sponsors a vehicle gets free admission on. also have the curt leduc swapmeet section at each race. i could not imagine being a company pci who tries to attend every race they must spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attending races. it all needs to be condensed into on thing that people can follow. i have been around this sport my entire life and think it is the greatest sport that nobody but the same 20k people care about, but it is so fractured that i cant and dont hardly try to follow it except on a race by race basis. At the same time it is like anyone who had tried to for a coalition has said it is like herding cats and i dont know if anyone could ever put it all together. Promoters having races one or two weeks before or after another race? thats f ed up.

stonehole

RDC Crypto

Cheers
the 1 D37 race in Jan has had a grandfather date for yrs. Thats the only D37 race that has been in Jan in JV since your time. They still permit,pay per rider ,AMA insurance and Cost recovery to BLM..And Jimmy L. is not a rep of d37...

jcarius

RDC Crypto
I really think that more is less with regards to quality. Stateside races- Too many fighting over the same locations. BITD, SNORE, Martellis and Legacy are 3 promoters that will be fighting over the 2 available dates in a limited BLM region from here on out in Nevada. And VORRA as dipped their toe in Hawthorne also encroaching into this same space. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were only doing 2-3 races a year each, but that isn't the case. For big event races, I would say no more than 3 per promoter to not wash the hoopla out. I don't really even like the 400 in Baja, 3 big races is enough.
VORRA has been racing Hawthorne for a long time. Hardly a newcomer there.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
I call the 400 the filler race, Id love to see a stateside 2 day GP style event but SCORE has moved to a entire Baja program, 3 races a year out of Ensenada is ok.

dezert_nerd

RDC Crypto
Racers want to go racing but don't want to be apart of the solution. We'll all sit here and complain but hardly any of us will actually do anything about it. I race with SIDRA up in Idaho and our club has been tired of using the same whooped out course every year (similar in aspect to Barstow A/B course). We met with the BLM up here and explained our frustrations to which they told us we can create new race course if we'd like. We have to mark all potential trails to be used with a GPS and then submit a plan to the BLM for them to review. The review process usually takes about a year to complete. That tells me it's not the BLM's fault that we can't go race on new course, but rather the promoters fault for not attempting to try and work with BLM on creating something new or using old race course now defunct. About the only excuse you can use at this point is the ongoing addition of solar fields within the southern US. I'm sure if we really wanted to, we could probably bring back Barstow to Vegas, so long as we stayed north of the preserve and scheduled the race around a time when the tortoise's aren't active.

In other words, be apart of the solution. If you want to see changes made, then get after it.

m_martin53

RDC Crypto
Why was the plaster city race only done once? Permits?
Score in PC? There was for sure 2 maybe even 3. Idk why or what prevented them from continuing. All of them had like 40mph+ winds. It was terrible to watch and limited spectator areas made it worse.

Snore had a race out there in the early 2010s that was awesome though. But that was only once.

Charlietuna

RDC Crypto
Why was the plaster city race only done once? Permits?
It was hot as hell, winds were terrible, spectator viewing was terrible (unless you wanted to pay for the VIP service at Coyne's Jarhead Hill area), it wasn't received well by the locals for closing off the entirety of the desert (and shutting down the main street in Imperial for a full weekday for tech/contingency wasn't appreciated by people that didn't know or give a damn about the race and were just trying to go about their workday). And lastly, Coyne and Norman didn't make any/enough money on the gig.

m_martin53

RDC Crypto
It was hot as hell, winds were terrible, spectator viewing was terrible (unless you wanted to pay for the VIP service at Coyne's Jarhead Hill area), it wasn't received well by the locals for closing off the entirety of the desert (and shutting down the main street in Imperial for a full weekday for tech/contingency wasn't appreciated by people that didn't know or give a damn about the race and were just trying to go about their workday). And lastly, Coyne and Norman didn't make any/enough money on the gig.
I lived in imperial at the time and thought it was awesome having tech in town. I didn’t hear any gripes from anyone about having to shut down the street but I’m sure there were some people complaining. They had it at the mall also which I thought worked well also. Having a freestyle show and vendors. I think there’s a lot of local politics that prevents or makes it extremely hard for any off-road to happen out there anymore.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I lived in imperial at the time and thought it was awesome having tech in town. I didn’t hear any gripes from anyone about having to shut down the street but I’m sure there were some people complaining. They had it at the mall also which I thought worked well also. Having a freestyle show and vendors. I think there’s a lot of local politics that prevents or makes it extremely hard for any off-road to happen out there anymore.
I feel like when Roger Normans re-do of HDRA raced there the local LEOs weren't into it. we did course worker stuff and they harassed us pretty good.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Imperial BLM was not a fan and gigged SCORE for every little thing and billed them a ton of extra stuff, The next year it was all on Coyne's property with BLM cutting off the water trucks and being a total PITA for the event. Plus dust so bad every racer was running on GPS and the Trophy Truck drivers stopped and had a stern talk with Roger at that point. Rob Mac hit a steel pole and ripped off the entire front corner of his truck. It was a crapshow.