What does SCORE stand for?

My Name Here

Reaction
To settle a bet, what does SCORE stand for? I say it stands for Short Course Off Road Enthusiasts, but my wife <and Wikipedia> says Southern California Off Road Experience. I know Southern California makes more sense, and despite me having CRS <can't remember poop>, I am positive its Short Course.

swiftracing5

Reaction
According to 1000 miles to glory, short course off road enterprises.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Mike321

Reaction
Southern California Off Road Enthusiasts - Acronym Finder
www.acronymfinder.com/Southern-California-Off-Road-Enthusiasts-(SCO...
How is Southern California Off Road Enthusiasts abbreviated? SCORE stands for Southern California Off Road Enthusiasts. SCORE is defined as Southern ...

Look it up Bro!

And keep looking :) It's a win-win for the couple.

Score - Copy.png

me_be_db1

Reaction
Here is an excerpt from an article in Offroad.com on a SCORE event.
I guess if this was a Short Course thread, then the Short course acronym would be correct.

Although SCORE International is known worldwide for off-road racing their acronym is setting the stage this time where its roots began as the: Southern California Off Road Enthusiasts. The Imperial Valley region definitely fits that bill as being in the southern most part of the state and has excellent terrain for racing, much like the beloved Baja races. The race is also expected to boost the lagging economy for the area.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
This is why you need to release the book to the public!

There is a shipment of books coming from China via boat so once we have them in physical possession (Because God knows where a boat from China might end up!), they will be available through the McMillin Racing site and Race-Dezert. Trust me, we are ready to get the books out there, ASAP. There will be an announcement once that happens! We are really excited to share with everyone our story of not only our Family's professional hobby and our Family business, but really the sport of off-road racing and how it has changed in 39 years. Next years' Baja 1000 with be 40 years for the McMillin's.

Last edited:

Mark Newhan

Reaction
There is a shipment of books coming from China via boat so once we have them in physical possession (because God knows where a boat from China might end up), they will be available through the McMillin Racing site. Trust me, we are ready to get the books out there, ASAP. There will be an announcement once that happens!

China? Is that MF a pinko commy bastard? Hehe

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Website
www.racers-only.com
That's what Sal told me also. SCORE was originally "Short Course Off Road Enthusiasts" when Mickey Thompson started it in 1974-75. I think Mickey had that name before the Mexican government who took the Mexican 1000 from NORRA approached Mickey to start running the Baja 1000. MT had short course plans back then but still wanted to race so he hired Sal to take over SCORE. Of course it didn't really depict what SCORE was doing at the time they kept the name but didn't refer to it as an acronym. On a side note, the new McMillin book is a MUST HAVE!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
That's what Sal told me also. SCORE was originally "Short Course Off Road Enthusiasts" when Mickey Thompson started it in 1974-75. I think Mickey had that name before the Mexican government who took the Mexican 1000 from NORRA approached Mickey to start running the Baja 1000. MT had short course plans back then but still wanted to race so he hired Sal to take over SCORE. Of course it didn't really depict what SCORE was doing at the time they kept the name but didn't refer to it as an acronym. On a side note, the new McMillin book is a MUST HAVE!

Thanks, Rory. Hope you are enjoying it! Sal Fish called My Dad a few weeks ago to tell him he has been staying up until 2 am reading it for the last week and can't set it down. Pretty awesome to hear!

Last edited: