What ever happened to the Kia?

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
It was for sale not too long ago, packaged as a Honda with a bunch of spares. As I recall it was a "must go" type of sale because Clive was moving shops. Don't know if it ever sold, contact Clive Skilton.

Live Free or Die

RDC Crypto
Last time I saw that vehicle it was driving away with my shovel sticking out of the fiberglass... Darren and I had a moment there in Baja... ahhh those Baja 1000 memories...

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
It was listed in the classifieds here several times, as a Jeep last I saw it as a Honda

12028693_10153079559496408_2524062354452791741_o.jpg

Anger Issues

RDC Crypto
Any Kia sighting involves documenting each spot, each blemish, the day, time, and location. Then you log on to the Kia website which is followed by thousands upon thousands of Kia zealots who are ready to dispatch at a moments notice to the exact location... in hopes of just seeing one of these beasts roar by. How many "race" Kia's are out there? I know of two... and here is my 19 seconds of fame, about to leave San Ignacio in the 2010 Baja 1000. The lovely Lara is all smiles! it was an almost flawless run to Loreto... one silt-bed "oops".
DSC03862.JPG

Jimmy8

RDC Crypto
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
I'm not talking the class 3 that won a ridiculous amount of races, but I remember the original Trophy Truck build before all of the renovations to it. I think it had a very awesome feature in Motor Trend magazine (If someone has a link to it, POST UP). It truly was a beautiful build, it was just stuck with a 6 cylinder Mitsubishi sourced KIA power-plant that was just too underpowered for TT even with the light weight of the truck. You know, this was back in the day's when their were some type of rules in TT. Now you can run a Subaru Forester body with a twin turbo Dodge engine and no one would care...

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
There was a Kia racing at the CODE night race earlier this year, I think it ran as a class 3, They're definitely not extinct in Baja, yet.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
WE put the Kia Trophy Truck _ Honda 7200 on Race Dezert at a stupid giveaway price. Nobody bit on it and it went to New Zealand with a dozen boxes of spares. We wish the new owner all success this coming weekend with it's NZ debut.
I couldnt believe how low it went and didnt sell.

Hopefully someone who knows where it's at can update here from time to time. I took a picture with Darren at the start line and took a bunch of pictures of it with those old disposable Kodaks. I have them somewhere...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

trailready

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
I think i once offered Darren an amount far lower than the asking price when it was jeep bodied and quite a bit more than it ultimately went for. Didnt like the transaxle though and thought it would be better with the motor turned around and v-drive. Lots of work.

Stuck Sucks

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pizzamanagement.com
We chased the Cooks down the southern half of the peninsula in '95 as part of Team Don-A-Vee. Contingency in Tijuana (that's me, with my hands in the air):
SCAN0054.jpg

Allan napping in the back of my truck while I dug his car out of the silt at Punta Conejo.
SCAN0055.jpg

In La Paz:
SCAN0050.jpg

Darryl is happy in La Paz:
SCAN0057.jpg

Moss2

RDC Crypto
We chased the Cooks down the southern half of the peninsula in '95 as part of Team Don-A-Vee. Contingency in Tijuana (that's me, with my hands in the air):
SCAN0054.jpg

Allan napping in the back of my truck while I dug his car out of the silt at Punta Conejo.
SCAN0055.jpg

In La Paz:
SCAN0050.jpg

Darryl is happy in La Paz:
SCAN0057.jpg

I think the above Kia I got to watch the front wheel depart and roll down the ravine at El Arco in 1995. Despite being stuck there for some time waiting for parts they were having a blast and loved driving that car.

Stuck Sucks

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pizzamanagement.com
I still have the team Kia T-shirt from that year - it says "Paris to La Paz." The Kias had just competed in the Paris to Dakar race, then turned around and raced in the 1000. As I recall, both Kias had to have their transmissions swapped out mid-race.