What ever happened to this book and video?

DougM

Reaction
Does anyone have his book or video or even seen it at the book stores?
ive searched and found about 4 things on it..It appears that book stores may never have gotten it(possibly to small a publishing company?)

I guess you can order it, I'll have to call my local borders or B.And N

Attachments

• 5-28121-1000miles.jpg
    5-28121-1000miles.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 119

SDranger

Reaction
Is it the same as this video? <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/race/1000mtg/>http://www.off-road.com/race/1000mtg/</A> I saw it for sale at race ready in El Cajon.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

Snmiedo

Reaction
The VHS and DVD are available at Race Ready Products in Chula Vista, CA (619) 691-9171. It is a great history of the Baja 1000. With regards to the book, the author, Marty Fiolka tells me it is fantastic and will be released in ealry 2003. You can actually book the order at amazon.com as well.

Good Luck!
Mike Cohen

pciscott

Reaction
The book is still being finished by Marty, he says it will be done soon. I saw some of the preliminaries on the book and it looks great. The publisher jumped the gun on advertising, but all good things come to those that wait. 1000 miles to Glory is a great video or DVD on the History of Baja. I hope I can be part of a new chapter in Marty's book this November! Baja is coming and I can't wait!!!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Besides Race Ready, PCI and McKenzies also sell the video in VHS and DVD form.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I ordered the bok like 8 months ago. Still waiting for it to come out. I didn't know about the video. Is there somewhere to order the video from?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Shaun-

For the "1000 Miles To Glory" DVD/Video, contact Shoreline Media Group - 1.800.856.4266 or hit their website @ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.smgcollections.com>www.smgcollections.com</A>

Enjoy!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

MrBaja

Reaction
Greeting To Everyone at RaceDezert:

Thanks to Mike, Scott and Tony for correctly providing everyone an update on 1000 Miles to Glory -- both the DVD/video and the book. I wanted to take a moment and update eveyone with the progress of the book.

As many of you know, in addition to running The Rennsport Group and running the BFGoodrich/Toyota Motorsports Class 1 effort with Mike and Robbie Groff, I've been working on "Baja: 1000 Miles to Glory." The book was originally intended to come out late last year, but the publishing group and I had to regroup after the initial manuscript was submitted. In short, the text we prepared was just too long (over 130, 000 words!). We didn't feel that rushing the end product and not taking time to design a work that everyone would be proud of was not in keeping with the three years and thousands of hours I've spent on putting this together. The objective has always been to create the one definitive work on our great sport -- not just the Baja 1000. I can tell you the photography we've put together is unbelievable, and the text has some great stories and history of the race, the cars and the people.

For those of you who pre-ordered the book, please accept my apologies for the delay and raising incorrect expectations. As Scott indicated, the wait will be worth it. I can tell you that the book is due out in June of 2003, and it will be a 10" x 10" hardbound coffee table book with approximately 228 pages and will contain at least 250 photographs. I know the finished product will be top quality and will proudly represent our great sport.

Cheers,

Marty Fiolka
1000 Miles to Glory

L&SMotorsports

Reaction
I just received an e-mail from Amazon Books cancelling my pre-order for this book. The e-mail says that they are sorry to inform that this book is not going to be published. Can anyone confirm this? If it is not true, Marty may want to have the publisher inform Amazon so he doesn't loose any sales.

Thanks

MrBaja

Reaction
Hi ...

I'm very sorry that this is happening to all of you. As previously stated, the book will be available in June of 2003. It will be worth the wait...

Best,
Marty Fiolka

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
how will we be able to get the book, will we go through amazon again or what?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."