What font for plasma cutting???

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Do any of you know of a good font for plasma cutting???

Our shop doesn't have a Torchmate, etc. . .we have an optical tracer so I don't have a program set-up specifically for plasma cutting. . .I use AutoCAD, etc.

I need a font that is like a stencil font where the entire letter O, A, P, R, D, lowercase e, g etc. don't fall out when they get cut out.

Thanks for your help!!!

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
i don't have a lot of stencil fonts with lowercase
letters but here are some that may work for you...

Torchmate

Reaction
Our Torchmate CAD program has a "weld" function that allows us to overlay a box on the letter and then weld it to it which makes that part of the letter disappear. I asked on of my tech guys what he tells our customers when they call in with this question. He said that AutoCad has a "trim" function that you can use to do the same thing. He thinks it is called "trim" anyway. You basically draw two overlapping lines across say the bottom of an O. Then use the trim function to remove the top and bottom, then the overlaps. What you are left with is the O with a little bridge holding the middle in place. Hope this helps! At least then you are not limited to stencil letters.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
i don't have a lot of stencil fonts with lowercase
letters but here are some that may work for you...

Hey. . .cool those will work. . .I'm not gonna use lowercase anyway. . .

. . .by chance would you happen to have a suggestion for a font to use for a hot rod (rat rod) best of show trophy???

Thanks!

CADTech

Reaction
I have a torchmate table if that helps in any way? If you need something cut let me know. 619-955-3766

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I have a torchmate table if that helps in any way? If you need something cut let me know. 619-955-3766

Thanks for the offer. . .it's just something really cheesy. . .like I said before it's gonna be a round label plate to go on a timing chain gear that's gonna be a part of a trophy for a local hot rod show. . .I'm just using some thin, junky metal (all rusted and dented up. . .perfect for a hot rod show!) that I got outta a local shops scrap bin. . .

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Our Torchmate CAD program has a "weld" function that allows us to overlay a box on the letter and then weld it to it which makes that part of the letter disappear. I asked on of my tech guys what he tells our customers when they call in with this question. He said that AutoCad has a "trim" function that you can use to do the same thing. He thinks it is called "trim" anyway. You basically draw two overlapping lines across say the bottom of an O. Then use the trim function to remove the top and bottom, then the overlaps. What you are left with is the O with a little bridge holding the middle in place. Hope this helps! At least then you are not limited to stencil letters.

I didn't even think about the trim function in AutoCAD. . .that would work great too. . .

. . .thanks for the suggestion!