what got you hooked?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
born into it.....known it all my life...and the addiction only grows stronger each and every year...

Dirt Sailor

Reaction
It's not the Navy!
:D

Oh, and my family has been doing this stuff since forever.

Offspring

Reaction
15-16 years old getting to swing by Mastercraft in Bonita, and drooling over what I saw there and being treated like an adult at the same time.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Learned to ride motorcycles when I was 9 and the love for just evolved into the cars and trucks.

Racing is in the blood.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Born into racing, it runs in my veins, its one of my true loves. the best part is it never betrays or disapoints me and always delivers.
My favorite memories revolve around my uncles race shop and the desert surrounding parker. I dont know where id be with out racing it keeps me sane and out of trouble.

LukeHuff

Reaction
going to the desert when i was little and being around sandcars and stuff. Also family racing history sparked interest. But mainly Glamis Sand dunes with people i looked up to alot and they treated me like an adult.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
1992 - BITD race, working a road crossing out behind Goodsprings, NV with a friend of mine - Been hooked since the first car went by.....

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Grew up in Parker in the hay-day of the Parker SCORE 400..... played little league for Dan Beaver...... Ate dinner on a regular basis at Manny's restaurant....... lived across the street from the river house belonging to a pretty famous racing family and they let me hang around the garage, change tires, and go pre-run with them.

osborne

Reaction
Been into dirt bikes since 4 yrs old. Step dad was freinds with John Baker when he was factory mits. driver around 84. Got to hang out with him, Ivan, and Mears at 12yrs old and pit at firecracker 400. Been hooked since. Finally got my own truck last year and have yet to finish a race but I still cant wait till the next one.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I was Born with the off-roading plague! My grandad was 1 of the pioneers... i was actually off-roading the day i came n 2 this world, my aunt wanted me 2 b born on her birthday so she took my mom out 2 induce labor and 22 hours later there i was!!! haha I AM CURSED!!!

I thought i loved off-roading but i didnt realize that i was predisposed to loving the dirt!!!

since a young age at the races with my dad i always told him i would eventually race, and here i am!

5150racing

Reaction
uncle raced FUD class 100 down in plaster city when i was really little (used to "pit" for him when all i did really was get on the radio and bug him). and we have an older class 1 beam car that we still take out all the time. we also have every off-road race shown on ESPN on tape and i would watch them constantly as a kid. came upon a tape of a SCORE Fireworks 250 race sometime in the mid-90s. the one when robby gordon was forced into a rear start cuz he was late to the race (i think he had an indy race that same day or something). the way he came thru main absolutely HAULING THE MAIL gave me goosebumps and i watched it over and over. i was hooked :D

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I got started by taking trips to the Superstition Mts. and riding ATC 90's with my grandparents, then taking my first truck out to Ocotillo in 1984. Offically became an addict when I went to my first off road race, the Mint 400 in 1985.