What happened to Acer at the MINT 400?

bannanaz

Reaction
As a spectator, never saw him come by.
The tracker shows him last at mile 4. Any idea what happened?

Phoenix0783

Reaction
He broke right by our truck, right off the bat.

Even talked to our driver for a bit. With his helmet on of course.

sb4pro

Reaction
He just had the wrong vehicle is all
image.jpeg

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Yup blown motor. I believe Jeff Ginter "JGRE" will build him a new LS motor with no more timing chain. Will be curious how it holds up in a TT

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Saw him parked at mile 3 approx....bummer he needs a Dougans but I'd like him not to go there since everyone is there now it seems...or coming

sb4pro

Reaction
Am I the only one sick of the masked helmet gig ? I mean it was a cool idea at 1st but I think it's played itself out . He should still continue with all the charity stuff he does but give up on the helmet deal .

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
It's pretty lame. At the end of the day he's just another guy that can afford a truck, but can't buy the talent. The helmet shtick is how he gets people to talk about him. I think he thinks the rest of us care more than we do.

As for the whole dillusion of being a super hero to the kids of Baja, we'll leave that to Gordon, BJ, Rob Mac, Tavo, etc.

Last edited:

mattb

Reaction
Let him do what he wants. He does good things and has interest in changing things for the better. I love how people find a reason to hate over silly things.

sb4pro

Reaction
Let him do what he wants. He does good things and has interest in changing things for the better. I love how people find a reason to hate over silly things.
I don't hate him for what he does I just think he actually be able to do MORE with out the silly mask gimmick . People would take him more seriously .

Wendell #527

Reaction
You get griped at no matter what you do or who you are. People love to pick a negative and post about it. Sad to see that all the time. Let R Acer do what he wants.

vegasloki

Reaction
The mysterious, anonymous helmeted driver guy schtick originated about 15 years ago on the Brit show Top Gear. It's nothing new.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I don't hate him for what he does I just think he actually be able to do MORE with out the silly mask gimmick . People would take him more seriously .

Really, really? Could Batman or supermen do more, could Wonderwomen or Aquaman do more? NO WAY. Too really be on top of the superhero game a guy's gotta be all in or he just fades from glory like the 6 million dollar man did. I told Colonel Austin he needed a mask but nooo Oscar new better. Right

J Burleson

Reaction
Pat said it best. Do you think the kids who light up with big smiles when they see him, or pretend to be him think it's a "schtick"?! Stop being jaded adults! Or better yet, please let us in on all the great things you do in the world! Yes, you can do great things without a super hero costume, but you're thick as a brick if you have yet to see the message in his "schtick". He LITERALLY spells it in his videos.

J Burleson

Reaction
And how many big names did he out qualify at the mint? ALOT! If you watch him drive it's easy to tell he has tons of road race experience. He's very tidy in and out corners. I bet he would surprise a lot of people if his truck held up.

J Burleson

Reaction
Qualified 22nd of almost 70 trucks and 1s. I would say he isn't in need of buying much talent. Yea, I know, it's qualifying, but...

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Why does anyone care what he does with his marketing? Why be negative?

Dude does good stuff and is a fairly solid driver...depending on which of them is driving.

I support his game and hope it has a positive impact on the kids, Baja and our sport.

The negative people can go do some good stuff and stop being donkeys.