• Forum membership has its advantages....

What happened to all the Superlite trucks?

Johnny Crash

I used the search option but i couldn't really find anything. What happened to all the Superlite trucks?Are they for sale? They look like a ton of fun, and could be a fun toy. What seems to be the going rate? I know there were the ones that were independently owned. I remember them being for sale at around like 65k'ish new. How much are the old used and abused trucks.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
There are several that are around that are privately owned. Check the classifieds right here on RDC. Premiere Motorsports Group had one of the first generation trucks for sale around 35k that Jason Ellis last raced a few years ago. Brent Fouch has one (not sure if for sale). There are approximately 10 trucks or more sitting collecting dust at RanchHarrah in Reno not being raced at this time.

450grl

Why not resurrect those trucks just for the two Reno races, and make it a "celebrity" exhibition race......since they are already there and all....just thinking out loud.

baja619

PMG Still has the the Car. Its fully prepped.
Just needs driver and check book.

dnf736

To bring those trucks back to a raceable condition for one or two weekends would be a major (and expensive) undertaking to say the least.

We were set to race the 2013 season and still have the 18 chassis in Alpine, problem is there's no one left at Speed to return it to.

As I know it Speed Technologies and LOORRS did not part on good terms, money will do that and I'm sure parties would have to be made whole on many levels for SL ever to return anywhere.

With LOORRS trimming the Nationals down to a 3-ish hour program there really is no room for SuperLite at the Nationals anyway unless someone purchased SL and wanted to buy there way into the series, and until that someone with some serious cash wants to buy the program and, more importantly, John would sell it Im afraid SuperLite is a memory. RIP

BFOUCH21

I used the search option but i couldn't really find anything. What happened to all the Superlite trucks?Are they for sale? They look like a ton of fun, and could be a fun toy. What seems to be the going rate? I know there were the ones that were independently owned. I remember them being for sale at around like 65k'ish new. How much are the old used and abused trucks.
I will sell my Superlite that just had the engine refreshed and has 1-2 hours on it. The chassis is powder coated and has all the better parts available. Im racing it at the Regionals until someone buys it.
Call, Text or email me if interested. Brent Fouch 619-253-4174

dirtboy488

Getting Harrah or speed Tech to do anything is impossible. I had to pull teeth to try and help them prep trucks for free, they close the doors every other month.

Perfect Race

This gentleman calls me occaisonally and says they are going to get the trucks going and bring them to a Regional. It hasn't happened yet but here is his number. John @ Superlite 775-971-7900

warpt-onez

I have a Superlite Championship Race Truck for sale.

S/N: SL002 Mazda 13B Rotary Engine Deco 4 Spd Transaxle Chromoly Tube Roll Cage Frame, Four Wheel Independent Suspension, K&N Intake Filter, Oil Cooling System, Aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Fuel Cell, Removable Steering Wheel, Instrument Cluster w/ Livorsi Gauges, Sparco EVO 2 Racing Seat w/ 5 Point Racing Harness, Fire Suppression System, Fresh Air System, Wired For Communications System, Adjustable Wilwood Hydraulic Brakes, Fox Racing Shocks, Off Road Racing Wheels, Aluminum Bead Lockers, BFGoodRich 31X10.50R15LT Tires. Truck #54 (No body panels)
$25,000 951-757-2739

Allenbroracing

I have a Superlite Championship Race Truck for sale.

S/N: SL002 Mazda 13B Rotary Engine Deco 4 Spd Transaxle Chromoly Tube Roll Cage Frame, Four Wheel Independent Suspension, K&N Intake Filter, Oil Cooling System, Aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Fuel Cell, Removable Steering Wheel, Instrument Cluster w/ Livorsi Gauges, Sparco EVO 2 Racing Seat w/ 5 Point Racing Harness, Fire Suppression System, Fresh Air System, Wired For Communications System, Adjustable Wilwood Hydraulic Brakes, Fox Racing Shocks, Off Road Racing Wheels, Aluminum Bead Lockers, BFGoodRich 31X10.50R15LT Tires. Truck #54 (No body panels)
$25,000 951-757-2739
You pay 10000 for it I give you 7000 superlite are the past market you should of invested in a ministock to make some money!!!!

dirtboy488

People were spending crazy money on junk yesterday at the auction thinking they are going to turn a huge profit. The two 4cyl Prolite's went for over retail. And that was before the 17.8% fee. The Superlites went for over double what they were worth, ive seen them on here and CL for 8k race ready with spares.

Allenbroracing

Yup people were crazy I saw a burr king that went for 1900 I have on paid 1600 and pro lite are not legal in the big series. They will make a great regional truck to run but need to covert the main chassis caging to 1 3/4 tubing. The great deal was the pro 2 chassis going for 7500 Jeff Ward old truck!!!!

Ghost Ranger 77

Wow, looking at those things and what they sold for, good for whoever gets the money for that because alot of people over paid... there are two people that bought 3 superltes a piece...

JEFF_DICKERSON

My opinion on the Pro 2, it was a good deal on a truck to go south (which is where I here it is going). It was on old chassis (heavy). By the time you put a real engine/trans, 3rd member & axles, headers, plumbing, bypass shocks, driveline, seat/belts, bumpers, body, etc..... It would be cheaper to buy Robby Woods truck.

dnf736

Anyone know who bought the #18 SL chassis? I have some stuff for that truck.