What happened to pro-1600 ?

vman

Reaction
There were 36 1600s in the drawing for the 1st pro-1600 MORE race January 18th. What happened the pro-1600 ? At the 1st pro-1600 race last year there were 65 1600s . Why the big drop in entries for this race ? Are the pro classes hurting the sport? Is it that the score laughlin race on the same day hurt entries? Did the level of competition scare off almost half the class? Is it that with such a low turn out of racers that MORE gets, it hurt pro-1600? Is it the economy? I don't know,maybe all of the above.

racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
SInce 1600 is a lower budget class(although no race class is low budget) some of the Pro16 probably had to make a choice between Barstow and Parker and went for Parker. Laughlin probably didnt help entries either.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

David_Girdner

Reaction
Can't speak for others, but we're not in the series because we are "in between cars" - too much to fix on the old car and new car won't be ready in time for Jan 18. I think the combination of the late vote, early race date, conflict with Laughlin, and the MacCachren factor all played a role in lowering the numbers. There were a lot of folks waiting to see what races where going to be run before signing up for the series - had the first race been a little later I believe the turnout would have been better. From the time of the vote to the first race was less than 6 weeks (vote was on Dec 4, first race Jan 18) with the holidays stuck in there as well.

Parker and Laughlin conflicted last year but that was becasue the Laughlin date was moved after the schedules were released and people had already commited to Pro 1600. As for the MORE factor, I have not heard one negative comment about MORE from the Pro1600 crowd.

Still, how many other classes will have 36 cars at any one race?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
YOU KNOW I CAN SAY THIS II DONT CARE WHERE MAC CACREN RACES HE WILL BE TOUGH TO BEAT EVEN IF HE HAS NEVER RACED THERE HIM AND BRUCE A RE A GREAT TEAM TOGETHER THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND EACH OTHER SINCE THE WALKER EVANS DAYS IT IS LIKE SMITH AND ASHLEY THEY ARE JUST ONE OF THE ONES YOU NEVER COUNT OUT OVER ANYTHING RICK BOYER HAS HAD THEM BEATSO HAS BRIAN FREEMAN AND OTHERS IT IS ANYONES GAME DONT RACE CAUSE OF ONE PERSON FIND A WAY TO BEAT HIM YOU ARE ONLY BEATING YOURSELF IF YOU DONT GO THERE TO LEARN FROM HIM HE IS ALREADY BEATING YOU BY NOT GOING

vman

Reaction
Yes, 1600 is a budget class but, that is the reason our team didn't pick parker. the entry fee being $500 more than it was last year just didn't sit right with us. Plus the promoter running the race never has more than 2 1600s at a race, and even eliminated 2 other classes that are budget classes , 9 and 5-1600 .The competition factor mite be some of the problem, but it has helped our team pick it up and be more determined. I know of 3 teams that have looked at other races and have decided that beating 3 other guys and being the champion is the way to go. But are you a true champion if you don't beat the best?

racing

Jimmy8

Reaction
You do have 2 things wrong. Casey did not eliminate 5-1600, it is called class 5100. The other thing is that right here on the entry form it says entry fee for class 2000(1600) and class 5100(5-1600) has a total entry fee of $500 and total entry fee for all other classes is $775.

Trophy Truck #15
www.JimmyBeaver.com

vman

Reaction
I stand corrected if it is only $500 entry for 1600s at parker. that's still more than last year! after our team competed in the Vegas to Reno race a few years back we got a press release stating that class 9 and 5-1600 had been dropped by bitd because of lack of intrest.I would have to say that this promoter has not tried to attract to classes that most of us started racing in. On the other hand most of the other promoters are not bias to any one class or vehicle .

racing

DMSRACE

Reaction
What was the entry last year??? we payed $400-425....Casey made a deal with the pro-1600 guys that I know of...would have been fun to have them out there...

Kevin

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....

vman

Reaction
The 1600s paid $390 last year at the whiplash parker. From what I hear from the guys that have been prerunnig parker is that bitd went out and bladed the whole track even the goat trail. Last year with whiplash parker was 70% was bladed roads. Back when score did the race about 50%. This just makes the race to fast and dangerous.

racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
So it went from too expensive too now being scared?

Kris

David_Girdner

Reaction
Parker wasn't scary - it was boring for the 1600s: over half the course was on bladed roads. 1600s are basically equal on bladed roads except for slight differences in gear ratio selection. Where's the challenge in that?

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
The challenge was starting 65th off the line (in 1/2 1600) and finishing first as Rob Mac did.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Last time I checked, hauling ass in the dirt wasnt boring. I think it would have been great to have pro 16 at Parker...would have been that many more entries and that much more publicity to the sport, especially with the TV coverage, plus a lowered entry fee, plus more mileage, plus some people would not have to miss Laughlin, plus, plus.

Kris

Mikey

Reaction
It is all about payback! Jim is generous and Casey isn't, bottom line.