On Topic What happened to the Baja 2000???

Class10DAN

Reaction
I have a question... what ever happened to the baja 2000. I've read about it and seen pictures but like... what happened? was it to "expensive" for people to race in or did SCORE not want to have to go through the hassle of make a 2000-ish mile course every year.

Class10DAN

Reaction
The Baja 2000 only happens once every 2000 years
Really? im only 16 so idk a lot about what happened before 2003... if this is true, that sucks... i kinda wanted to race in it.. 😅

Class10DAN

Reaction
did any of you guys go to spectate or race there?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
did any of you guys go to spectate or race there?

It was an epic race. Our Locos Mocos pit crew had only been pitting for 3 years at that point and ran a huge pit between San Ignacio and San Juanico. You’re young and weren’t even born yet so not sure if you’ve ever heard of Locos Mocos. We started out running a free pit to help out anyone and picked a hard to get to spot on the race course. Later we started running one pit location for Mag 7 so we had guaranteed list of people to pit for as well as anyone else that needed help. And later years we ran a pit at each race for Baja Pits. It’s been a couple years since Locos Mocos has run an official pit because most of the crew has been enjoying trips to Baja prerunning and spectating.

This is a very long read but an excellent race report from our adventure during the Baja 2000. There are other race reports on the LM website also.

W_Lacher

Reaction
it made for a long day but still a good time. Woudn't mind seeing it come back again. it was pretty expensive for teams to do it.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
We had an awesome race in Class 8 battling my friend Curt LeDuc. Curt and us checked out on the others but a bad pit stop cross threaded lug nuts resulting in studs pulling out in the middle of nowhere. Took hours to get in there with our spare hub but by then Francisco Monroy caught us so we ended up 3rd in Class 8 with my street legal 4wd prerunner. We had 4 drivers, Ramsey ElWardani, Steve Krieger and the legend himself, Dr. Bud Feldkamp. I drove the racetruck to work the next week without even washing it. Was fun in traffic as it would carry the left front tire in the air until you grabbed 2nd. Wow 20 years went by fast!

Class10DAN

Reaction
If you are referring to the Toyota years only, then Yeah, first co-driver, but Ivan had codrivers before Toyota.
well if ivan can ironman the 1000 i woud have figured he could do the 2000 solo

McCredie A

Reaction
We had an awesome race in Class 8 battling my friend Curt LeDuc. Curt and us checked out on the others but a bad pit stop cross threaded lug nuts resulting in studs pulling out in the middle of nowhere. Took hours to get in there with our spare hub but by then Francisco Monroy caught us so we ended up 3rd in Class 8 with my street legal 4wd prerunner. We had 4 drivers, Ramsey ElWardani, Steve Krieger and the legend himself, Dr. Bud Feldkamp. I drove the racetruck to work the next week without even washing it. Was fun in traffic as it would carry the left front tire in the air until you grabbed 2nd. Wow 20 years went by fast!

That was/is one of my favorite trucks! I would love to get my hands on it.