What happened to the dyke jumps at this year's mint 400

buckwild

Reaction
I got up early to watch the start of the race. I wanted to take some pictures of the unlimited UTV's catching air off the dyke jump but to my disappointment someone had the bright idea to ruin the jumps. They put a chicane in front of one by the apartments and took the jump out of the one by the start line why would you do that the dyke jumps where the best thing about the mint 400

Jimmy8

Reaction
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the video above cost the Martelli's and BITD a lot of money. That's probably the answer to the question. HAHA.

Slippery P

Reaction

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Because square edge whoops are way more fun!
LOL.

Seriously though, we all, including Josh and Matt, know the Dyke Jump is a crowd favorite. There had to be a good reason for it not to be included. And its probably from the wall incident BUT, that coulda been mitigated by going the other/correct way over it.

Just Sayin...

J Prich

Reaction
LOL.

Seriously though, we all, including Josh and Matt, know the Dyke Jump is a crowd favorite. There had to be a good reason for it not to be included. And its probably from the wall incident BUT, that coulda been mitigated by going the other/correct way over it.

Just Sayin...

I'm sure there was a reason for running it the direction it was run in. Personally I prefer the other direction anyway. From a viewing standpoint, you can watch from either transmission alley, KRR crossing, and probably even the Quarry, and then beat your car/truck back to S/F. In this direction you have to pick a spot because you wont make it back to S/F before the race car if you're trying to see them in a spectator area.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I'm sure there was a reason for running it the direction it was run in. Personally I prefer the other direction anyway. From a viewing standpoint, you can watch from either transmission alley, KRR crossing, and probably even the Quarry, and then beat your car/truck back to S/F. In this direction you have to pick a spot because you wont make it back to S/F before the race car if you're trying to see them in a spectator area.
and then theres the whole "a giant cinderblock wall there" issue. LOL

J Prich

Reaction
and then theres the whole "a giant cinderblock wall there" issue. LOL
Our truck doesn't go fast enough for that wall to be an issue, LOL.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Our truck doesn't go fast enough for that wall to be an issue, LOL.
^^^ he wins the Mint a few times and then acts all humble and says stuff like that.

Its fine. I get it. I'll just keep reminding you that you are faster than you think/realize and, I will keep being right.

;)

deano

McDeano
Reaction
I remember way back in the day if you said "Dyke", you'd get banned for a week on RDC .... :oops:

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
Years ago at BAP (I think) a 10 car ran square into that wall.

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1489123125.047898.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today