• Forum membership has its advantages....

What happened with Robby Gordon this time?

Dave In Florida

I've seen a couple of mentions of RG getting in trouble at the Mint. I saw he was DQ'd because of a chase copter, and then just read on here he was banned by Casey? Being stuck in Florida, I'm totally out of the loop for this stuff. Just curious what happened.

Choptechfab

I believe RG was at the SST race not the mint.

TrevorPiggott

I've seen a couple of mentions of RG getting in trouble at the Mint. I saw he was DQ'd because of a chase copter, and then just read on here he was banned by Casey? Being stuck in Florida, I'm totally out of the loop for this stuff. Just curious what happened.
He did not race the Mint and the story you heard sounds like the incident from Parker a year or two back

Phoenix0783

He's not allowed to compete in bitd for the rest of the season and he can never use a helicopter again.

ltr450rider

He "Allegedly" landed his Heli at Parker 425 after he broke, which is a violation of the rules I believe. That's the scoop I heard.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya first offense was last year talking to his helicopter (which many many big name teams do). And then he landed his heli this year to bring him tacos and beer and Casey said two strikes you're out for this season. And he can never use a helicopter in BITD again.

deano

McDeano
Ya first offense was last year talking to his helicopter (which many many big name teams do). And then he landed his heli this year to bring him tacos and beer and Casey said two strikes you're out for this season. And he can never use a helicopter in BITD again.
Parker has "Tacos and Beer" ? :eek:

dan200

#BSF200
Is it weird that there can be a rule made for one single racer but not for everyone?

Legally if that happened in a workplace it would be called discrimination.

Yes, I know this is different but still. Slippery slope when there are special rules for certain peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazyeye

Seems if he was out of the race it shouldn't matter if his chopper landed or not he was out of the race. and he was in a spot where he couldn't get out till the race was over. So i would have called my helicopter for a taco delivery too.

dan200

#BSF200
Seems if he was out of the race it shouldn't matter if his chopper landed or not he was out of the race. and he was in a spot where he couldn't get out till the race was over. So i would have called my helicopter for a taco delivery too.
Tell that to the BLM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndjmix

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, helicopters can only land on the race course for a medical emergency.

Tacos wouldn't qualify (although, being a taco freak this sounds like somthing I would do)

--john

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

BANNED4LIFE

this is not the first time a "racer" has been EXCLUDED from a BITD event.....nor will it be the last......and for those that don't know, this isn't rg's first time being EXCLUDED from BITD races, it happened before.........its a business and a business can refuse service to anyone, its 'murica!

Bro_Gill

Helicopters have flight rules governed by the FAA. They don't get to just fly and land wherever they want to. The promoters event permit has to include activities like flying and landing. As some have pointed out, emergencies open up the types of activities that can occur. Tacos, unfortunately, do not. Casey can lose his privilege of promoting races if he doesn't abide by the rules. People that are earning a living understand this.