What hubs are used on Baja Challenge cars?

rebel33

Reaction
Can anyone direct me to specs technical info for Baja Challenge cars? who builds them? I noticed they use (seems like...) a 5x4.5 bolt pattern wheels unlike most buggies. what kind of front and rear hub assemblies are used and where to get them?

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
newer set up is proam micro stubs..

bajatex

Reaction
They use a unit style bearing. They aren't driven (not 4x4) so they put a large bolt where the half shaft would normally go to hold the bearing together.

Attachments

• TexCar4.jpg
    TexCar4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 212

rebel33

Reaction
Thanks, the use of unit bearing units up front is fairly straight forward (I've seen people do this with Jeep YJ front axle unit bearings on IFS buggies here in Israel). but what setup do the Baja challenge cars use on the rear? same unit bearings? are the stub axles specially machined?

Fourstroker

Reaction
Thanks, the use of unit bearing units up front is fairly straight forward (I've seen people do this with Jeep YJ front axle unit bearings on IFS buggies here in Israel). but what setup do the Baja challenge cars use on the rear? same unit bearings? are the stub axles specially machined?

same bearing front and rear. Makes for carrying less spare parts. Front hub just has the stub axle without a cv flange. Pretty slick. Sat and watch one get changed out in BFE last year on one of the tours.