What I do all day

ACID_RAIN28

Here is a little bit of what I get to do during the work days. The whole chassis is made in house.
I fiqured I would share these with everyone. So I ask, this is what I get to do, What do you do, or make?

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

Attachments

ACID_RAIN28

AND LAST A PIC OF THE ALUMINUM SPINDLE, It and everything else are used world wide.
I would have posted the pics on the post but I don't have enough bandwith on the pic server I use.

Attachments

JeffS

Looks awesome... what motor will it run ?

Also... something I've been wondering about...
How's the bumpsteer on these race quads? The geometry is different from your average sport quad, and I can't tell by the pics that the steering design has changed much over the years. Does the new Polaris Predator's steering setup make you want to rethink the design... or is that even necessary?

Thanks,
- Jeff S.

PS... What you do all day... is cool, awesome job.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RedRockOffroad.com>http://www.RedRockOffroad.com</A> - There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

elcaprerunner

Dave, what do you think about Trinity? Either just your thoughts or compared to the stuff you guys make?

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

tedmales

looks way cool. do you make dez quads. i am a big guy 6'5" and 375 i need a big bike. i would rather have something built for the desert, then buy a quad and rebuild it. any thoughts?

life is too short to be small

Bryan_D

Damn you are a big boy! I am 6' 245 and I think its hard enough finding a race seat that fits my rear. Good luck finding a quad.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

ACID_RAIN28

This bike was one of our 250R chassis and the steering on it is unbelive able, mark designed it with an endurance race in mind, you would have to ride one to believe it, like power steering. I have not seen the preditors steering up close, not heard much on it either. The motor for this bike was going to be a 450 honda engine, the GIRL who owns it takes it to glamis only so that is why all the chrome. I don't believe they have bump steer with the Pro-traxx system.

I know that there is a gentleman and his kid that race with us in the sand drags that have trinity racing on the side of thier trailer. I have visited thier web site briefly, so I am not to familai with the stuff they make, from what I know they make a lot of engine mods, and I have heard a few good things about them from people I know that have some motor mods, and I would love to get some of the mods for my 500, but it is like 1200 for the kit I want so some day.

desertratt

thats almost the same thing i do all day. build stuff for quads.

drive fast and take chances!!

ACID_RAIN28

What kind of setup do you want, obviously you will want something with no shortage of power. My uncle is 6-4 and is like 300-50 he has a stock 250r chassis with a tuner stage 5 motor that hauls the mail but not until the power band, he now has an old laeger cr500 conversion frame that is a three wheeler now and the motor is built so that will move him good, but he is a glamis person not ocotillo. But you would have to decide if you wanted 2 or 4 stroke.

for a stock build up I you could do a 400ex, not that much power but a good handling bike, but it is costly to build the motor. Then there is a raptor that has plenty of power but they are very unstable.

What do you do Desertratt, post some pics that is why i made this post, we have all seen the who are you post i fiqured we needed a show me post.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ACID_RAIN28 on 04/07/03 06:22 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

tedmales

this is the last project i did, 4 years worth, 3 years of sometimes, and a solid year of 50 hour weeks. when i got it, it was 2 frame rails and a cab. made everything else. 2001 ls-6 engine, made the pulleys, and motor mounts. made all the interior, but did not cover it. it was alot of work, bit its alot of fun also. will get more pics, this one is from the net.

Attachments

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Beautiful work Ted, is that an LS-1?

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

1992f150

how hard would it be to stick a street bike engine in a quad frame? An 1100 cc quad, hmmmmm...

Azusa: shame of the foothills

tedmales

its an ls-6, 2001 crate engine for the zo-6 vette, higher horse power, there were 2 zo 6 motors and they tell me this is the newer one over 400hp, but older one was about 380.