• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is EVERYONE else building?!

J Burleson

Ok, we know what Robby is (re)building. How about everyone else? Besides the everyone that has a Mason on order, what about all the other everyones?
When is Baldwin’s Id gonna be done?
Menzies getting a Mason AND another Huseman?
Rob Mac?
Luke McMillin?
Anybody NOT jumping on the AWD train?

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Fantastic idea for a new thread. Hopefully we get some good pictures in here.

Is AWD totally outlawed in class 1? Could easily be done with an albins ST6 with rear mount engine. The Australian supercars series used to run the albins box with a half round output flange (input) on the front. With minor changes this could easily allow a transaxle and a shaft through to the front. I originally thought the new jimco could be it. But it's a fuel tank between the seats. Not a driveshaft cover.

Edit was due to spelling albins as albums. 🤦‍♂️

SmartSelect_20191024-172743_Chrome.jpg

drofmij

Fantastic idea for a new thread. Hopefully we get some good pictures in here.

Is AWD totally outlawed in class 1? Could easily be done with an albins ST6 with rear mount engine. The Australian supercars series used to run the albins box with a half round output flange (input) on the front. With minor changes this could easily allow a transaxle and a shaft through to the front. I originally thought the new jimco could be it. But it's a fuel tank between the seats. Not a driveshaft cover.

Edit was due to spelling albins as albums. 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 205937
Rhys Millen is building awd class 1 cars. It just raced Laughlin but DNF

Class10DAN

Rhys Millen is building awd class 1 cars. It just raced Laughlin but DNF

awd is too much work, yea its innovative and stuff but that's just more problems int the future 🤦‍♂️

Class10DAN

awd is too much work, yea its innovative and stuff but that's just more problems int the future 🤦‍♂️
edit: i think class one should outlaw awd, if they wanna have awd just go to tt or 6100 (if they allow awd). buggys of any class should stay rwd and not have any of this awd stuff

Last edited:

ltr450rider

No "limited" class that is already based off of a 2WD platform should allow 4WD. It will kill a class once you get one or a few 4wd cars that consistently win. Unlimited classes (I will call those Class 1 and trophy truck) are open classes and should be allowed. Keep class 1 rear engine/IRS design, and "unlimited trophy truck" can be open on all fronts.

Class10DAN

No "limited" class that is already based off of a 2WD platform should allow 4WD. It will kill a class once you get one or a few 4wd cars that consistently win. Unlimited classes (I will call those Class 1 and trophy truck) are open classes and should be allowed. Keep class 1 rear engine/IRS design, and "unlimited trophy truck" can be open on all fronts.
yea i guess you're right

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Class 1 is the only Unlimted class that is actually limited. Can’t run solid axle. Can’t run 4wd(probably)

Bro_Gill

I think awd will be fine in Class 1. Has nothing to do with straight axle. That rule, as misguided as it is, was just a personal assault by the guy with the most cash who thought anyone who could afford a TT type Truggy should be racing in TT to build numbers. No imagination on his part.