• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

jcorsico

He just commented on IG about how he's got something in the works, but it was pretty cryptic. Somebody must know something...

Bricoop

Total guess...but could he be branching into building TTs for customers??

robbygordon
Just need to add my 2cents I’m not aware of either one of these trucks winning a real race yet. A Laughlin 60 mike race doesn’t count you might want to call Geiser or ??

robbygordon
Hang Tight on your decision because another one is coming soon and it will make you rethink your decision

BajaFand

Triton did the Front Center Diff
Confirmed?? It’s been speculated that’s who was receiving that Triton front clip but never heard or saw any confirmation. If true, that’s a very beautiful piece. I would’ve liked to see Robby build s completely new vehicle rather than cut his truck up. His current TT in the original 2wd form is s piece of racing history if you ask me.

Bricoop

Confirmed?? It’s been speculated that’s who was receiving that Triton front clip but never heard or saw any confirmation. If true, that’s a very beautiful piece. I would’ve liked to see Robby build s completely new vehicle rather than cut his truck up. His current TT in the original 2wd form is s piece of racing history if you ask me.
No, not confirmed. Many strong opinions on it.

Their approach to camber adjustments. No idea if this is just for the XXs or will have a broader application. Would this be an active component? US20190152526A1 - Camber Adjusting Assembly - Google Patents

Last edited:

jcorsico

Converting his TT to AWD.
Is that it? Been there, done that... Macpherson. Then Herbst. Then Geiser. Then Huseman. Then Mason. Then Racer. He's late to the party... What's so fancy about his truck? Love it or hate it, but Mason's design is really well done. What is Robby going to do better?

stephenrjking

Is that it? Been there, done that... Macpherson. Then Herbst. Then Geiser. Then Huseman. Then Mason. Then Racer. He's late to the party... What's so fancy about his truck? Love it or hate it, but Mason's design is really well done. What is Robby going to do better?
Any readily accessible list of how many AWD Trophy Trucks are running?

Bricoop

Despite its shortcomings, the gordini has some neat features. I imagine we see some similar things.

I’m also surprised he didn’t convert the gordini to a AWD and that there hasn’t been any leaks.

Bricoop

I heard it’s an Albins front diff in the RG truck......
Ideal for competition on or off the tarmac

Albins Performance Transmissions says it is a global leader in high performance driveline components.
From replacement gearsets, drive shafts and CV joints to its famous ST6 sequential transmission – used in competitions as diverse as Australian Supercars, time attack and desert endurance racing – Albins says it has forged a reputation for durable, reliable products that thrive at the extremes of performance.
The latest release from Albins is a front differential designed to be compact and lightweight, while boasting a high torque rating that makes it suitable for a variety of applications.
Initially conceived for the highly competitive world of 4WD Trophy Truck racing in the USA, Albins explains its small size, strength and potential for ratio alteration makes it ideal for competition on or off the tarmac.
Housed in a robust billet aluminium casing, the differential shares the same crownwheel as the ST6 transmission which is rated to 1000Nm of torque.
Supplied with a planetary gear style LSD and drop gears as standard, the unit also features an internal oil pump and oil cooler fittings on the pinion side. The drop gear arrangement allows for gear ratio changes without the need to remove the crownwheel.
The Albins front differential is supplied as standard with a 1350 yoke and 934-style drive flanges, with other options available on request.
Since announcing the new product to distributors in the US, Europe and Asia, Albins says it has been fielding enquiries from the time attack and trophy truck markets, as well as other sectors of the off-road racing community.

Who other than RGM is a beta tester for Albins? Ah the "game changer" thread: Trophy Truck..."Game Changer" Robby Gordon.

isdtbower

Rotated CCW, the offset would help a driveshaft get around a front engine pan. 935's are rare at the diff in Ultra4. But more are going to portals to help diff load and clearance. Lots of options. Robbie should have some input on geometry.

BajaFand

Despite its shortcomings, the gordini has some neat features. I imagine we see some similar things.

I’m also surprised he didn’t convert the gordini to a AWD and that there hasn’t been any leaks.
I’m not surprised, anyone that works for Robby in any way must sign a non-disclosure agreement. We really won’t know or even get a hint of anything until Robby wants us to lol.