What is Robby building?

MTPyle

I don’t understand the stock looking headlights? They look real, which makes no sense.

Mike

bajafox

Accepted
I thought when he went to the King shock package it was because current shock tech and caught up to his shock design was now outdated. Pretty surprised he is going with a single shock again, maybe this is an evolution of his old shocks?
They probably are King shocks but with orange springs, they look huge though, I don't know if King makes a shock that big?

calstyl2

Seems like there is a big chip on his shoulder against Mason for not giving him portals, calling Masons truck a copy of his. All on the IG, Bryces and Masons trucks are proven, let see what this truck does after its seen the real desert VS Gordons shop.

swiftracing5

Yes King makes a 3.5" IBP. I dont know if these are them, but they do make them. I put a set on an SAS duramax. They are HUGE.
In a perfect world the big IBP up front would be the go-to shock for the trucks. Less weight, tighter packaging(which may be on of the reasons he used one), the issue is they are a PITA to tune. Like taking apart both shocks on your truck each time you want to make any sort of adjustment. Plus you'd get rid of the King Klick.

J Prich

Question for those more knowledgeable than me, what advantage will that hood bring?
I'm definitely not in the more knowledeable category, but I'm guessing the theory is air flow and aerodynamics. My guess is that at speed, air flowing in to "normal" hoods makes them want to turn in to a kite. I am assuming the idea here is that the air will flow through and not drag by flowing up under the hood with no outlet.

Bricoop

I'm definitely not in the more knowledeable category, but I'm guessing the theory is air flow and aerodynamics. My guess is that at speed, air flowing in to "normal" hoods makes them want to turn in to a kite. I am assuming the idea here is that the air will flow through and not drag by flowing up under the hood with no outlet.
Been thinking about it, it’s a effectively a front wing. It’s going to make a ton of downforce at speed. Will be intesting to see how it flies when launched.

michael_loomis

From a former rdc member, same question on fishgistics fb

Basically aerodynamics
View attachment 205685
Fly isn’t on RDC anymore?

It does look to my like it’s going to direct much flow over the cab. Gotta be some coolers or rads up there that is gaining flow through the grill since his under aero “batwing” probably blocks

Dezertpilot

Yes King makes a 3.5" IBP. I dont know if these are them, but they do make them. I put a set on an SAS duramax. They are HUGE.
I thought his old IBP shocks were bigger than 3.5"?

Dezertpilot

I didn’t read that it would use portals, I thought they developed their own solution b/c Mason didn’t want to sell them...
What other solution to the 4wd travel problem is there besides portals? I'm not an engineer so maybe RG came up with something no one has thought about

Fourstroker

What other solution to the 4wd travel problem is there besides portals? I'm not an engineer so maybe RG came up with something no one has thought about
Offset front wheels. Bryce uses them as well but runs them on all 4. Robby appears to only be running them on the front

Dezertpilot

Offset front wheels. Bryce uses them as well but runs them on all 4. Robby appears to only be running them on the front
For some reason I dont think that was the solution to the problem of Mason not selling RG portals

Bricoop

Fly isn’t on RDC anymore?

It does look to my like it’s going to direct much flow over the cab. Gotta be some coolers or rads up there that is gaining flow through the grill since his under aero “batwing” probably blocks
He still is. I got some bad info on what he was running in the 1000 and fish called me on it

The 1000 might as well be a test. 2/3rds of the trucks break anyways.