What is Robby building?

RGFan

Offset front wheels. Bryce uses them as well but runs them on all 4. Robby appears to only be running them on the front
Was thinking the offset rims help to reduce the articulation of the half-shafts during suspension travel. The longer the half shaft, the less articulation it will have if suspension travel is a constant. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the shorter the shaft, the more it will articulate. But then again, with the portal hubs....Just a guess

Last edited:

MIKE S

So is it just me or is he back on RGM shocks? It looks like there is only one shock in the rear as well.

partybarge_pilot

So is it just me or is he back on RGM shocks? It looks like there is only one shock in the rear as well.
Since he still has King shocks in the hash tags, I'm going with it has Kings on it. Maybe something new they cooked up just for him so he could use all those orphaned springs from his old shocks........

michael_loomis

He still is. I got some bad info on what he was running in the 1000 and fish called me on it

The 1000 might as well be a test. 2/3rds of the trucks break anyways.
I don’t think 2/3rds have broken for a long time. TT is pretty reliable these days. Maybe KOH where they were flat footed all day.

stephenrjking

That hood might control air some, but it isn't sending air over the cab. I could see it reducing airflow disruption, but I doubt that smoothing airflow is the primary purpose. Maaaaybe downforce? That looks like it's designed to draw air through a small radiator assembly in the front.

Crusty Shellback

GT40, Shelby Daytona, Ford GT, Ferrari.

They all use a similar hood "vent" to get air thru the radiator, out of the engine compartment and use as down force on the front end.
Noting new. They've been doing since the '60's, probably earlier.