What is Robby building?

RYAN COHEE

What ever he is building I'm sure its going to be fast and work for another decade.

jon coleman

aaa ha, Thats where rg is smart genius, he fills tires w- fuel, and as they run low, hes got his 'on the fly' hummer tire inflation device to fill them back up...;)

Jerry Zaiden

I heard it’s an Albins front diff in the RG truck......
At this time this is why we feel Xtrac is the way to go IMO.

1) Sprags
2) Narrower
3) lower CVs
4) You can couple the transfer case to the diff in stock form
5) Proven
6) Other reasons I'm not going to disclose.

We are using the XTrac in the truck we are designing (stay tuned). Working with Ron at Weddel would be awesome but at this time we feel XTrac is the way to go if you are building a 4x4 Trophy Truck. Maybe with Robby willing to spend a few years developing products with Albins we will see a good battle with these manufactures. This only gives us as builders more choices.

Surfnride1

Are we going to get 2 classes soon for TT's? 2WD's will be a cheaper division to race as everyone fire sales their 2WD's? I can't imagine them keeping AWD and 2WD in the same class.

CRAIG_HALL

Tavo's front suspension has changed. Unless dave clark did a different a arm set up on the truck in the last year or two.
Dave re-did Tavo's front end beginning of this year, it's now more "conventional". We talked a bit at the 500 about it, benefits just didn't outweigh the costs

CRAIG_HALL

Albins new front diff looks very nice. I had been involved with them since the early design stages of this for a project that went away only for another project to come up that will be using it. I believe Igor (Triton) was the first to get an actual unit.
01.jpg

stephenrjking

Are we going to get 2 classes soon for TT's? 2WD's will be a cheaper division to race as everyone fire sales their 2WD's? I can't imagine them keeping AWD and 2WD in the same class.
Still a little ways to go before anything needs to happen here. There were, I believe, 37 TT and TT legend entries at the 1000 last year. Of those, how many actually have a legit shot at winning? Not 37. The cache of racing in the top Trophy Truck division is part of the appeal, and one that can still be fulfilled by racing a TT with conventional RWD.

We haven't even gotten to the point where AWD trucks are winning basically every race yet. It's possible that once that (likely inevitable) threshold is crossed there will be a change, but that's a minimum of a year and a half away. Even then, though, there is already a division for people who want to race a Trophy Truck that is RWD, less expensive, and gives them a fair shot of winning.