• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

Yumaoffroad

per robbysworld aka. planetrobby pic is photoshop

michael.gonzalez

I also saw that. Looks like #77 Geiser RPM TT is at tech/contingency. But I also heard from Robby that "... truck is ready to go through tech tomorrow morning..." Not sure what to think yet. Still haven't seen the unicorn.

sb4pro

Rumor only - Geiser for this race unicorn for KOH 👍🏻
in my opinion it’s probably better to get a few shorter races under its “ wings “ than to run it in the longest race of the season plus having a the unknowns from the weather

Dezertpilot

SC150

Unless this was staged, I've come to a few conclusions:

-They were rolling out Unicorn shoes in that video. Ie- the truck is probably there and he's trying to be double super top secret with the Geiser stunt double.

-He's showing off photos of the sheared bolt in question that caused the wreck during testing (or maybe it was the trailer hitch pin???)

-Robby likes carne asada.

The plot thickens...

michael_loomis

Unless this was staged, I've come to a few conclusions:

-They were rolling out Unicorn shoes in that video. Ie- the truck is probably there and he's trying to be double super top secret with the Geiser stunt double.

-He's showing off photos of the sheared bolt in question that caused the wreck during testing (or maybe it was the trailer hitch pin???)

-Robby likes carne asada.

The plot thickens...
I’m sure they planned to have the truck here... it possibly could be. But something isn’t right.. maybe broken? I don’t see them getting a truck tech’d then saying “oh, never mind”

SC150

Would they send the wheels and tires down without the truck?

Is tech approval officially over? Maybe he's just trying to keep eyes off it till the last possible second? Maybe those new brakes don't like the mud or he doesn't wanna get her dirty after the makeover? Possibly weighing out whether this is the best race to debut at? I have no clue. I just love following all the drama. My wife has the Bravo network. I have RDC.

Only thing I'm positive of is that I'm damn jealous of the stable of vehicles he's got access to on a whim...

michael_loomis

Would they send the wheels and tires down without the truck?

Is tech approval officially over? Maybe he's just trying to keep eyes off it till the last possible second? Maybe those new brakes don't like the mud or he doesn't wanna get her dirty after the makeover? Possibly weighing out whether this is the best race to debut at? I have no clue. I just love following all the drama. My wife has the Bravo network. I have RDC.

Only thing I'm positive of is that I'm damn jealous of the stable of vehicles he's got access to on a whim...
Yes, of course they have all the stuff so they can just flat bed the truck when it’s ready.

In reality, I guess they could have “pre tech’d” the truck before it ever came to Mexico... but seems unlikely given it was a last minute finish to even have it ready.

Bricoop

Yes, of course they have all the stuff so they can just flat bed the truck when it’s ready.

In reality, I guess they could have “pre tech’d” the truck before it ever came to Mexico... but seems unlikely given it was a last minute finish to even have it ready.
Based on what has been posted by others On social media, it barely missed the deadline. All nighters for the guys just couldn’t quite get it there in time.

the G6 is a different truck than the truggy, correct?

Yumaoffroad

G6 is way lighter chassis than truggy tank with tons of cnc work titanium carbon fiber noyce😀