• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

RGFan

I think it is a bit early to mail it in on the "Unicorn", but folks in the RGM camp cannot be thrilled with 4th against a bunch of 2WD trucks. Especially when RG is usually very strong when qualifying this truck in its 2wd configuration. With all of the hype RGM drummed up with this truck up to now, hopefully he just had a bobble or oops which is what hurt the time. Will be interesting to see where it stacks up and gains (hopefully) as they learn more about it in the coming months.

novaman64

Different wheels for front and rear.. One of each for a spare and home you dont get 2 flats in the front or 2 in the rear?

michael_loomis

Different wheels for front and rear.. One of each for a spare and home you dont get 2 flats in the front or 2 in the rear?
One each? He has just a single spare. It looks like a front, so I’m guessing the has some kind of adapter if it needs to go on the rear. Or maybe dgaf, run it to a pit.

Watching the video, the suspension looks sloppy. Probably still dialing in the shocks. Probably needs more motor too.

novaman64

One each? He has just a single spare. It looks like a front, so I’m guessing the has some kind of adapter if it needs to go on the rear. Or maybe dgaf, run it to a pit.

Watching the video, the suspension looks sloppy. Probably still dialing in the shocks. Probably needs more motor too.
I figured in an actual race (not quaifying) he would be carrying 2 spares.

ltr450rider

It seemed like he was pedaling it, maybe only running 80% from the videos I saw. I would bet he's saving the truck for KOH and this was just a "test" session at closer to race speed. Plus, we don't know how much time he's had in this truck since the complete rebuild. I've heard the suspension setup is way different on these AWD trucks with the way the front end pulls the rear end up under acceleration, rather than squatting the rear end in a 2WD truck.

Bricoop

It seemed like he was pedaling it, maybe only running 80% from the videos I saw. I would bet he's saving the truck for KOH and this was just a "test" session at closer to race speed. Plus, we don't know how much time he's had in this truck since the complete rebuild. I've heard the suspension setup is way different on these AWD trucks with the way the front end pulls the rear end up under acceleration, rather than squatting the rear end in a 2WD truck.
Some of those pedaling videos were from the sight lap.

Yumaoffroad

Looks like the RG portal is well protected inside of the wheel explains the strange wheel offset unlike the mason portal that could be exposed to rocks in baja
7CD59B85-4F2A-4AC5-A0D7-E370CE3AA5CE.png

michael_loomis

No way, there's never overreaction here at RDC. Can't convert a 2wd to an AWD, send the truck to the scrapyard.

But you know what would solve this...A land rush start at KOH
Overreaction? We were promised a game changer, surrounded in secrecy and fairy tails and all we got was his standard 4th place’ish qualifying result.

This doesn’t change his GOAT status for me.. I’m just used to this over promise, under delivers the last decade.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Overreaction? We were promised a game changer, surrounded in secrecy and fairy tails and all we got was his standard 4th place’ish qualifying result.

This doesn’t change his GOAT status for me.. I’m just used to this over promise, under delivers the last decade.
Actually thats not his standard place in qualifying spot......he's usually 1st or 2nd.....this truck is actually SLOWER right now. Lets see if it was a fluke, the KOH race is the best of the best at it.