• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

michael_loomis

I agree that a torquier motor would help him out but we will see how he does with his NASCAR motor he's been running.
NASCAR engine he has been running forever got 4th in quals behind the 2WD’s. Is this some newer big block version like the Gibbs engines?

Yumaoffroad

needs to move like this one no need to whine up the motor just punch and go.
needs a BBC

MTPyle

I thought the Gibbs Herbst engine was small block?

Mike

michael_loomis

I thought the Gibbs Herbst engine was small block?

Mike
Ya, I think you are correct. Just it’s sheer size I always attribute to big block but I don’t think it is really.

Zac Reish

It seems like the husemans truck was faster. Any word on why he got the mason? I’m assuming it’s a better package but just curious if there is a main reason for the mason.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
You can build the LSX to 527 inches 900hp & 800tq is not terribly hard to achive ($60,000.00 should do it) complete engine from 8 stack to oil pan around 600lbs & has a relatively reasonable lifespan you don't have to spin it over 7000rpm

michael_loomis

You can build the LSX to 527 inches 900hp & 800tq is not terribly hard to achive ($60,000.00 should do it) complete engine from 8 stack to oil pan around 600lbs & has a relatively reasonable lifespan you don't have to spin it over 7000rpm
900hp leaves you as a back marker these days.

jon coleman

sounds good to me, can i stuff one in an old 7s truck??

Borracho Cantina

Seems like a long long time since RGM has had any success in off road. I realize they’re trying hard. RG ran well in the Geisers. I don’t have my hopes upp on this updated-outdated TT is all I’m saying. Not with these mason trucks & the talent behind the wheel in most of them. Luke has one coming now too. Going to be tough sledding for RG IMO.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Don't forget ole Robbie is getting kinda long in the tooth as we say, talent definatly yes stamina we'll see because the youngsters are absolutely ruthless to the checkered flag.

He's got to be 55 by now not that I'm saying that number is dated (I'm 59) but lets get real folks a star in thier eye 20yo that has a bullet proof attitude & a boatload of cash behind them............really?

Robert Encinas

Don't forget ole Robbie is getting kinda long in the tooth as we say, talent definatly yes stamina we'll see because the youngsters are absolutely ruthless to the checkered flag.

He's got to be 55 by now not that I'm saying that number is dated (I'm 59) but lets get real folks a star in thier eye 20yo that has a bullet proof attitude & a boatload of cash behind them............really?
he's 51, still on par with the field. But i agree the young ones are hungry just as he was when he started in the Venable trucks.

bdubs50

It seems like the husemans truck was faster. Any word on why he got the mason? I’m assuming it’s a better package but just curious if there is a main reason for the mason.
Like the Herbst 4x4 truck, too many one off parts and difficulty to manufacture. The cookie cutter model works wonders when everyone in the pit is running mostly the same equipment, which gives the builder an advantage with learning from everyone on their platform. What happened with Geiser is now happening to Mason. The herd follows.

michael.gonzalez

Focusing efforts on G6 (Newest Geiser chassis design, 2wd).

I think they are doing a lot more carbon fiber composite R&D then we are being lead to believe also. I hope to see more composites later.