• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

Dezertpilot

I can't wait when Max starts driving something fast, I'm sure he will be a monster.

Zac Reish

It’s obvious a good driver can stil compete in top 5 of Tt but only because the 4wd Tt are breaking not because they are catching, passing, or running away.

Goober

It’s obvious a good driver can stil compete in top 5 of Tt but only because the 4wd Tt are breaking not because they are catching, passing, or running away.
Or rolling in Bryce's case at the 1000 ;)

Which top racers have AWD. I've got Bryce and Andy. When they team up it's down to one.

CJEFFERIES

Seems like a long long time since RGM has had any success in off road. I realize they’re trying hard. RG ran well in the Geisers. I don’t have my hopes upp on this updated-outdated TT is all I’m saying. Not with these mason trucks & the talent behind the wheel in most of them. Luke has one coming now too. Going to be tough sledding for RG IMO.
What makes this truck outdated? Tubing? I bet it’s lighter, and has more power than the others and gets better miles per gallon? I am real curious why an older vehicle is outdated.

CJEFFERIES

Seems like a long long time since RGM has had any success in off road. I realize they’re trying hard. RG ran well in the Geisers. I don’t have my hopes upp on this updated-outdated TT is all I’m saying. Not with these mason trucks & the talent behind the wheel in most of them. Luke has one coming now too. Going to be tough sledding for RG IMO.
What makes this truck outdated? Tubing? I bet it’s lighter, and has more power than the others and gets better miles per gallon? I am real curious why an older vehicle is outdated.

ACME

I'm struggling with the "Have to be in the 20's to run hard" type comments? I get 2WD vs 4WD & the budget side of it, but not the age thingy unless all of them are soloing a race. Even then...

I guess that means racers like: Jones, Rob Mac, Roeseler, Nasser Al-Attiyah, Letner, Dondel, Steele, Arciero are all not competitive? Does that mean Andy and others in their early 30's are getting close to their golden years?

Would anyone bet against a dream team of Jones/Rob Mac/Roeseler in a Mason AWD at the 1000??? How about Robby in a Mason?

Not a Robby fan but would love to see him shut the critics up...

jon coleman

I'm struggling with the "Have to be in the 20's to run hard" type comments? I get 2WD vs 4WD & the budget side of it, but not the age thingy unless all of them are soloing a race. Even then...

I guess that means racers like: Jones, Rob Mac, Roeseler, Nasser Al-Attiyah, Letner, Dondel, Steele, Arciero are all not competitive? Does that mean Andy and others in their early 30's are getting close to their golden years?

Would anyone bet against a dream team of Jones/Rob Mac/Roeseler in a Mason AWD at the 1000??? How about Robby in a Mason?

Not a Robby fan but would love to see him shut the critics up...
cant for gronk& brady to go back to a new style c19 superbowl and win....
again.....

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
70% of F1 drivers are under 25 you may think it's apples to oranges comparing the two.

The mental part alone fries your brain just as fast or faster than physical part exhausts your body & our circuit (track to us americans) changes by the hour sometimes faster, how many F1 circuits have pitch black silt, booby traps, drunk spectators, or been washed out?

michael_loomis

70% of F1 drivers are under 25 you may think it's apples to oranges comparing the two.

The mental part alone fries your brain just as fast or faster than physical part exhausts your body & our circuit (track to us americans) changes by the hour sometimes faster, how many F1 circuits have pitch black silt, booby traps, drunk spectators, or been washed out?
RG is one of few desert racers that have racing at over 200mph... 200mph vision as I call it.. I think it helps slow things down in off road immensely.

jon coleman

anticipating the car is Way slower after racing any thing faster, ive only road raced up to 105, 110 maybe at willow ( tail wind,) then dropping speeds into the 70s& 80s in off road made it slower in ' catching' the car, at 200( im guessing) catching the car time limmit is about.2 -.5 sec?, off road is in the seconds( to me)

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Ok now Do that for 20 hours AFTER you were up the last week doing last minute prepping, fixing shizt you broke "testing" loading, getting across the border, having team meetings going over last minute pit changes & not getting alot of sleep before you have to get up @ 3am to head to the starting line.

jon coleman

Ok now Do that for 20 hours AFTER you were up the last week doing last minute prepping, fixing shizt you broke "testing" loading, getting across the border, having team meetings going over last minute pit changes & not getting alot of sleep before you have to get up @ 3am to head to the starting line.
should have a one guy only class, Period, driver, prepper, money bags, crew chief, co driver& back up driver, pitt guys ,, Everything, then we can see waaaassssup??,( i did quite a few races like that, like i was racing mx, but a Frikken car...)

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Same here when I raced desert bikes.
My problem was/is that if it's going to get done let alone correctly I had to do it PERIOD.

cynicwanderer

should have a one guy only class, Period, driver, prepper, money bags, crew chief, co driver& back up driver, pitt guys ,, Everything, then we can see waaaassssup??,( i did quite a few races like that, like i was racing mx, but a Frikken car...)
I race moto-ironman/solo (whatever), I self prep, am self-funded, do my own logistics, etc... sometimes, I even self-pit, which means I drop gas/supplies before the race and then pick it up after. most of the time, however, I have one chase. if I had the money to race buggies/trucks, I would do it like that as well. less miss-communication and only one guy to blame for anything. I have helped chase for other teams, I do like the comrade of team racing as well.