• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

michael_loomis

Ok now Do that for 20 hours AFTER you were up the last week doing last minute prepping, fixing shizt you broke "testing" loading, getting across the border, having team meetings going over last minute pit changes & not getting alot of sleep before you have to get up @ 3am to head to the starting line.
Robby is an animal.. he’s been doing things that way since his youth. I’m sure he’s used to it.

ACME

70% of F1 drivers are under 25 you may think it's apples to oranges comparing the two.

The mental part alone fries your brain just as fast or faster than physical part exhausts your body & our circuit (track to us americans) changes by the hour sometimes faster, how many F1 circuits have pitch black silt, booby traps, drunk spectators, or been washed out?
Every era and discipline of racing is different and youth as well as brevity plays a part in it at all levels, as does experience and luck. I wouldn't count out anyone in off road racing based strictly on age...

I guess Hamilton hasn't heard age is a factor...

Last edited:

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Agreed
I can (and do) still punish the young guns snowmobiling the dirt bike thing somewhat, but at the end of the day I'm spent & these Guys are off to the bar ready to play some more........I remember those days.

michael_loomis

Agreed
I can (and do) still punish the young guns snowmobiling the dirt bike thing somewhat, but at the end of the day I'm spent & these Guys are off to the bar ready to play some more........I remember those days.
Tell me about it. Partying for days on end drug free even up to 10 years ago... now.. I had some white claws on the lake yesterday, passed out by 9 and tough getting going this morning.

ace_photo

GET SOME
I'm struggling with the "Have to be in the 20's to run hard" type comments? I get 2WD vs 4WD & the budget side of it, but not the age thingy unless all of them are soloing a race. Even then...

I guess that means racers like: Jones, Rob Mac, Roeseler, Nasser Al-Attiyah, Letner, Dondel, Steele, Arciero are all not competitive? Does that mean Andy and others in their early 30's are getting close to their golden years?

Would anyone bet against a dream team of Jones/Rob Mac/Roeseler in a Mason AWD at the 1000??? How about Robby in a Mason?

Not a Robby fan but would love to see him shut the critics up...
Good example is Dakar, most of the winners are not the young guys, they crash out.

Bricoop

Dakar seems to be one of those races where the top seats are filled by “old” guys. Other than Bryce, which other young guys have had a ride on a top team? Can’t think of anyone off the top of my head.
Seems the opposite of the N American off-road racing where many of the top seats are young guys.

Nessy

Dakar seems to be one of those races where the top seats are filled by “old” guys. Other than Bryce, which other young guys have had a ride on a top team? Can’t think of anyone off the top of my head.
Seems the opposite of the N American off-road racing where many of the top seats are young guys.
North America likes people with lots of followers.