What is Robby building?

RGFan

Reaction
When was the last DNF? Almost always gets there, but usually breaks along the way.
No DNF since rolled out in 4WD config. Little bugs to work out. V2R had a driveline issue and brake issue if I'm not mistaken, fixed in the field. Neither issues were seen again at B500. At B500 it was air jack system (2 flat tires in the last 100 miles which slowed them down and heat related issues. But they finished both. B500 was with minimal prep, they wanted 1000 miles on it prep-free to know what they had for B1k. Should be a pretty good run, knock on wood.

Bricoop

Reaction
No DNF since rolled out in 4WD config. Little bugs to work out. V2R had a driveline issue and brake issue if I'm not mistaken, fixed in the field. Neither issues were seen again at B500. At B500 it was air jack system (2 flat tires in the last 100 miles which slowed them down and heat related issues. But they finished both. B500 was with minimal prep, they wanted 1000 miles on it prep-free to know what they had for B1k. Should be a pretty good run, knock on wood.
Yep :) I don’t recall the previous DNF. Seems like there might be a finishing bonus in those contracts ;)

jon coleman

Reaction
spy photo of the RG carbon Fibers bling tt power plant;

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 0

McCredie A

Reaction
$125,000 for a race UTV. I thought he said 85,000 is some of the earlier shows. Either way I am sure they will be nice.

NIKAL

Reaction
$125,000 for a race UTV. I thought he said 85,000 is some of the earlier shows. Either way I am sure they will be nice.
I could be wrong, but I think they said they will build a race car for you, starting with a production UTV. I think Robby said those would be $85K. The cars they are currently building Robby said was being done like a NASCAR or Indy car program that will have factory support, engineering support, and sounds like they will select teams or drivers that can buy into this $125K program. Kinda like a “Works” effort and “privateer” effort. Privateers will be production based race cars, or they can build their own race car from a production based car. Or the “Factory effort will get hand made cars from Speed in NC.

Robby did say anyone who builds a race car will get Speed support at the races. Guessing maybe some pit support in a few spots, but also parts support if needed. So you would not have to invest and buy a spare parts as they would have them at the events.

McCredie A

Reaction
I could be wrong, but I think they said they will build a race car for you, starting with a production UTV. I think Robby said those would be $85K. The cars they are currently building Robby said was being done like a NASCAR or Indy car program that will have factory support, engineering support, and sounds like they will select teams or drivers that can buy into this $125K program. Kinda like a “Works” effort and “privateer” effort. Privateers will be production based race cars, or they can build their own race car from a production based car. Or the “Factory effort will get hand made cars from Speed in NC.

Robby did say anyone who builds a race car will get Speed support at the races. Guessing maybe some pit support in a few spots, but also parts support if needed. So you would not have to invest and buy a spare parts as they would have them at the events.

I think you are correct on this. Maybe at that time Robby planned on building the race cars out of production cars. Now he is platoon more of a factory effort. Do you think he will still a production race car as well?

Did he say who the 7 cars are for?

Bricoop

Reaction
I think you are correct on this. Maybe at that time Robby planned on building the race cars out of production cars. Now he is platoon more of a factory effort. Do you think he will still a production race car as well?

Did he say who the 7 cars are for?
He mentioned vague details early om, that they would have a "race program." I believe the race cars use chromoly and carbon. One month til their debut at the UTV World Championships. **** on the table in front of many curious eyes. No matter what happens, it'll be a show.