• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

Christian Sourapas

Interesting point. Are people getting more flats with 4wd? Did the jack failure coat the race, or having to use a jack that failed? Honest question.

On the note of flats, it’d be interesting to hear if the power to all wheels is a factor in the flats. Tires delaminating? More front flats vs rears? Vice versa? I’ve seen it in rears, but with 4 wheels working under power, there are more chances to have issues in multiple ways.
Honest question. Short Answer: No.
On the BFG 40, we can run up to twice as much distance with the AWD. We ran the same tires all weekend last year at Laughlin. I would be confident that we could run the entire Vegas to Reno without changing tires. It's really crazy how much the front tires pulling takes away the load of the rear tires. More traction = less tire spin = tire longevity.

jon coleman

who cuts the meanest rug( top pro motor sport driver categories?), i nominate Hans Schtuck, a close second j johnson

calstyl2

I will take that bet that Menzies truck will still out run the New/Old truck, even more so if Bryce has a Mason on order.........

APDLOP

Interesting point. Are people getting more flats with 4wd? Did the jack failure coat the race, or having to use a jack that failed? Honest question.

On the note of flats, it’d be interesting to hear if the power to all wheels is a factor in the flats. Tires delaminating? More front flats vs rears? Vice versa? I’ve seen it in rears, but with 4 wheels working under power, there are more chances to have issues in multiple ways.
No, definitely not. The AWD are not causing the flat tires, there is another factor causing that.

mig29

Normally that factor would be “driver error”
Multi F1 season champ Alain Prost (aka "The Professor") used a conservative approach -- saving tires for the end. Rob Mac uses a similar approach:

"I drive slow enough to win"
-- Rob MacCachren, 2005 Primm 300 Contingency, interview

“It is more important to out-think your enemy, than to outfight him”
-- Sun Tzu "Art of War"

Alain Prost & Rob Mac are philosophers like Sun Tzu

See below images, for other champion racers who protect the equipment

Attachments

How many times has Apdaly won? He drives like he's in a video game which isn't a bad thing. It's just pushing the limits.

SC150

I've been dorking out a bit on trying to figure out what he's gonna show up with. I noticed a couple other "clues" reading Robby's replies to comments in his Instagram post. I imagine there's a high likelihood of him just being sarcastic and stirring the pot for the sake of doing so, but if not then here's what he's alluded to:

-No portal hubs
-No live axle
-Smaller tires
-Sub 5000 pounds
-No more 6 x 5.5 (possibly going back to knock offs??)

Attachments