• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is Robby building?

Goober

The Riviera truck was redone by Kyle, it was on a terror with Kyle driving it, as soon as he got out of it, it was again marginal, people are playing this up like Robby is gonna change the sport, honestly, its way over rated, he's inconsistent, hard on equipment and the pace has clearly pushed on, he runs better in the RPM rental than his own truck, thats the real fact.
Why did Kyle quit driving for Riviera?

Bricoop

Sounds like RG tried to buy portals from Mason, but they said no. He’s stoked on their solution(but what isn’t he optimistic about). Very curious what they’ve come up with. A bit surprised we haven’t seen it yet. The 1000 isn’t far away.

jon coleman

i notice on us gear spec s 80 mph max , is that just recomended?, what is there top speed??that is a awsome truck look vid!, ^ Andy better win, ps video needs paper towel warning to wipe up all the drool:p

Last edited:

jcorsico

Certainly a lot of time and effort put into the new #31
I agree, but to be clear, this is the same truck that Mason built over a year ago for Team C. There have been several of these trucks built in the past 12-18 months (Sourapas, Cantina, etc.). I don't think Andy's is meaningfully different than those other trucks. I'm guessing Andy's is probably chassis 6 or 7, but I'm not sure.

Dezertpilot

When did Sourapas get an AWD TT? As far as I know they dont? Of.course I could be wrong.

jcorsico

The Biggest thing it has going for it is Andy McMillin behind the wheel...
This, I agree with. What till somebody declares "The 4WD trucks are winning! They're finally winning!!!". And then you notice that the winner is Andy... Or Bryce... Or Robby... Or anyone else who has won in the past... So what actually won? The same driver that has always won? Or the 4WD?

jon coleman

need a control subject to see if its trk or driver I'll take one for the team, & volunteer to be guinea pig to drive one and see if its the truck or driver

Bert is my name

A good driver can win in a burning dumpster being pushed by a group of drunks. Yes the technology helps. But baja is won with preparation and experience. It's a war of attrition.

Dezertpilot

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Pls check my facts, but didn’t a 4wd IRS win a Laughlin race back around the ‘05 era? Driven by a Dondell? Crazy how it all comes around.

partybarge_pilot

Pls check my facts, but didn’t a 4wd IRS win a Laughlin race back around the ‘05 era? Driven by a Dondell? Crazy how it all comes around.
Yes, the bass boat was a rocket ship. Also the McPherson TT won a couple races before that.

Did the Herbst big red pig ever win a race?

Not sure what they are building now, but I found some pictures from SEMA 2003 of the current Trophy truck under construction.

Attachments

BajaFand

Yes, the bass boat was a rocket ship. Also the McPherson TT won a couple races before that.

Did the Herbst big red pig ever win a race?
Yes, they won back to back races the Henderson 250 and the Primm 300 in 05. Coincidently those were the first 2 races that BFG introduced the 39” Project tire and Herbst was the only team to have them. I still remember the big holes cut in the hood for clearance. I’m sure they won more than that but those 2 races stand out.