What is the average prep costs for 7200, 6, or 7 open trucks?

TRON3000

Just wondering what it takes cost wise to prep your trucks. My truck has a full factory frame with equal length beams and a camburg three link. All suspension is bolt on so it all gets magged and peened every time. Just looking to see if the tube chasis trucks are cheaper to prep, and get a feel for what teams put into their programs. My truck averages 6-8g's per prep.

Last edited:

Ibeamford

Come to the darkside and give C and D Fab a call. ;) Its worth the drive for quality, service and price.

schifanelli

Come to the darkside and give C and D Fab a call. ;) Its worth the drive for quality, service and price.
C&D is worth the drive all the way from Colorado for us! Always deliver on time, no surprises, and attention to detail.

mawtrophykart

Engine prep around 3k, transmission 1500.00,R&P 300.00, tires 1300.00,fuel 600.00, magging 200.00, Shocks 400.00, gear oil,grease,transmission fluid,etc 200.00, 4 corner prep 4000.00, winning Vegas to Reno....priceless! 4 Trophies,$3600 for 1st, $3000 from FORD, $2400 from side bets, $600 from FOX, $300 from BFG, $1500(various contingencies)

Forty1Racing

Thousands. And the first born child.
( which would be me. )

RFS Motorsports

We usually spend about $15K per race

Dezertpilot

I would imagine that time bomb is rebuilt every race.

KCMotorsports

Yep i guess that could be a good part of it. We just had the kroyer motor gone through in the Cattrac car and it was 16k, and in the Hostyle car our last bill was around 22.. (sorry not 7200 related)

racer56

I think a lot of people confuse race expense with race prep expense.

mawtrophykart

on the other hand my class 6 has had 0.0 prep in 6000 miles and can pretty much beat any class 6 out there. It has entered v2r once and finished 3rd last year w a 4 cyl stock ecotech. 39k at the offroad expo turn key, 3 years of prerunning w just hosing it off for prep.

RFS Motorsports

15k for just prep on a 7200? If you don't mind me asking what does your prep consist of?like besides the cleaning etc i mean.
Complete tear down every race. Clean and scotchbrite chasis, trans & rear end to Culhane, motor to Ray block for leak down and valves, go through the hubs, rebuild calipers, change brake pads, change all oils, pressure test all lines, go through shocks, check axles, check all bolts and replace as needed, safety wire all bolts (as required), replace any damaged parts and the list goes on. We discovered after a few races that a good prep goes a long way!

RFS Motorsports

on the other hand my class 6 has had 0.0 prep in 6000 miles and can pretty much beat any class 6 out there. It has entered v2r once and finished 3rd last year w a 4 cyl stock ecotech. 39k at the offroad expo turn key, 3 years of prerunning w just hosing it off for prep.
Look forward to seeing you out there at a race!

RFS Motorsports

I think a lot of people confuse race expense with race prep expense.
And you are right. It actually runs us about $10k for just the prep. $5K in other expenses for the local races

J.COLEMAN

You know, why spend so much money on these trucks when you can race 1600 for less? And they start up front.

Brock_Beeson

Complete tear down every race. Clean and scotchbrite chasis, trans & rear end to Culhane, motor to Ray block for leak down and valves, go through the hubs, rebuild calipers, change brake pads, change all oils, pressure test all lines, go through shocks, check axles, check all bolts and replace as needed, safety wire all bolts (as required), replace any damaged parts and the list goes on. We discovered after a few races that a good prep goes a long way!
so an oil change and tire rotation isnt prep :)
sounds like your taking care of your investment.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
sounds like alot of people really over spend....engine, transmission and rearend every race? ive heard some people change heims and stuff like that every race, sounds like some people are looking for a tax write off