• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is The Pope of Welding building?

michael.gonzalez

Here's a teaser Jesse just posted.

I'm excited to see the finished result.
The truck certainly has a unique style already. I wonder how much of this is crafted by the man himself.
Looks to have fuel cell inboard with single spare behind the axle. Refreshing choice for TT.
It's also nice to normal-ish sized shocks on a TT for a change. Everything seems to be going YUGE nowadays.
I'm not fully understanding the exhaust routing right now so maybe we will see more of that later.
Also doesn't seem to as have many "Above the bedside" tubes as most other TTs.

Any guesses on what body he will run? Chevy? Ford? Custom?
Any guesses on what engine? I'm thinking NA Big Block and a built TH400/underdrive

Toyo for tires
King for shocks
Fluidyne for cooling
Camburg for rear housing/hubs (Maybe more?)

POPE_OF_WELDING.jpeg

bajafox

Accepted
If I remember correctly he sold that "way back TT" for pennies on the dollar at an auction

Ben77

I think he Blocked me on instagram bc I asked why he was selling the overpriced f150 that Kibbe built like 3 weeks after he finished it.

mebedb1

I think he Blocked me on instagram bc I asked why he was selling the overpriced f150 that Kibbe built like 3 weeks after he finished it.
He followed me on IG, I think I was at 0 posts, now 1... Once I started following him, He dumped me.🤣

BajaFand

Is this a different build than the late 50’s Chevy pickup he has been building?

Klaus

Administrator
Chatted with Jesse a tiny bit over the weekend and the truck is now at SEMA @ LINE-X booth #30087

The cab and styling of the front is from a 1957 Chevrolet Camo

He calls it a 6100-ish style truck that will be used to race NORRA or just to pre-run. Tired of the status quo Raptor/Tacoma bodies. Jesse likes real metal fabrication and this truck is more inline with what is Jesse James worthy.

IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_7836.jpeg
IMG_4330.jpeg
IMG_1282.jpeg
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_1902.jpeg
IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg
IMG_9804.jpeg