• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is ultimate UTV pre runner???

harleys dad

It corners so much better and takes some of the lean out of it in turns. I think the 4 seat has more body roll than the 2 seat but I think you would like it. I have a complete set of stock width 300M Summers brothers axles with cv joints and boots for sale if you are interested, they have never been used. I was going to go the route you did then decided to go long travel so these just sit. They were put together by Summers brothers

pdailey

Racer
It corners so much better and takes some of the lean out of it in turns. I think the 4 seat has more body roll than the 2 seat but I think you would like it. I have a complete set of stock width 300M Summers brothers axles with cv joints and boots for sale if you are interested, they have never been used. I was going to go the route you did then decided to go long travel so these just sit. They were put together by Summers brothers
Thanks Dave! I will let you know.

harleys dad

3 inch fox rear 2.5 front off of a turbo rzr. Average about 1500 for all 4. Keep a eye on UTV parts in the classified on this site. I bought mine off of here. Good luck

harleys dad

Yes they do, a slight spring difference but the shocks are the same. Wayne from FOX told me the 16 Turbo shocks are a nightmare to take apart because all parts were lock tighted together. I bought my springs from shock therapy and just sent my shocks to them today to get their shock set up . I will let you know how they work. Wayne changed some shims but shock therapy does internal work not just valving. I have seen a couple with their set up and they looked very good in the desert taking the cross grain in Laughlin full tilt.. Mine was close and fast but if I can get more out of it its worth it to me

Baja Bryan

I talked to the guy at shock therapy and sounded they new their stuff pretty good. He also said a tricked out RZR is not as good as a X3 with with springs and a few tweaks. They do a lot of tuning on both. He also said 4 seater is the way to go. Never any issue of bottoming out. I think we will keep the Rzr and put some shocks and arms on it but also get a X3 max RS

TRAVISD

Who makes a cage for the X3 Max? I thinking about getting one and definitely want to add a cage.

JoeyD23

I talked to the guy at shock therapy and sounded they new their stuff pretty good. He also said a tricked out RZR is not as good as a X3 with with springs and a few tweaks. They do a lot of tuning on both. He also said 4 seater is the way to go. Never any issue of bottoming out. I think we will keep the Rzr and put some shocks and arms on it but also get a X3 max RS
RZR XP Turbo with a good long travel kit is right there. It's splitting hairs. But Polaris parts are more readily available. The X3 is bad ass though.

harleys dad

I can vouch for the long travel, worlds away from stock. I agree, shock therapy I think has got a lot to offer. My shocks got there today so soon I will let you know how much difference there is. Mize well have the best of both worlds if money is burning a hole in your pocket lol, When my friend gets his x3 max fixed I look forward to driving it. The max does have more room in the back forsure but I really like the seat position in the rzr. I cant lay back and drive

Zambo

How much does a long travel kit cost? Seems like you would need UCAs, LCAs, axles, tie rods, brake lines etc front and back.

Chris Tobin

How much does a long travel kit cost? Seems like you would need UCAs, LCAs, axles, tie rods, brake lines etc front and back.
Aren't most of the off the shelf UTVs pulling 20+ inches of front and rear travel now anyhow??? How much are they getting with a Long Travel kit and how much better do they ride with it???

Is it really necessary at all? Or is it more of a status symbol???

Zambo

Aren't most of the off the shelf UTVs pulling 20+ inches of front and rear travel now anyhow??? How much are they getting with a Long Travel kit and how much better do they ride with it???

Is it really necessary at all? Or is it more of a status symbol???
The x3 is the only one I know of that gets those kind of numbers stock. I just looked at a lone star kit for the xp1000 that widens the car to 70" or so and gets it to 20" they say. The kit is $4300 with axles.

Chris Tobin

The x3 is the only one I know of that gets those kind of numbers stock. I just looked at a lone star kit for the xp1000 that widens the car to 70" or so and gets it to 20" they say. The kit is $4300 with axles.
10-4, I hadn't looked recently but it seemed like I had heard numbers like that thrown around. I see that a stock RZRXP Turbo is listed with 16F/20R travel...2018 Polaris RZR XP Turbo EPS SxS | Polaris RZR

Still not bad at all...

harleys dad

My xp4 is 77 inches wide with Method beadlocks